PDA

View Full Version : work?

flemo the trowel
03-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi fellow tapers and plasterer,s are there people out their finding it hard at this current time to find regular employment all the material prices are going up but rates are coming down.
So when going to price work or phone for a start the rates are shocking also has any one got any news on any work thx:fing02::fing02:

E.K Taper
03-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Hi Flemo, I got no complaints over work just now I never been busier. Not that busy that I can give jobs away,mind! Its a sh*t time of year right enough cos housing companies generally pull the plug at end of November to keep work for January, leaving loads of tapers and painters scratchin their a*ses for 6 weeks.
Keep at it mate, somethin should turn up 4 you

flemo the trowel
04-11-2010, 09:21 AM
thx mate the trying is getting harder but you no what they say tomorrows another day

Tredelerch Taping
04-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Too right,its that time of year again,2 of our sites have just stopped anymore materials being delivered.We'll finish what we started and then probably kick off again after Xmas unless they sell.Lucky to have some other jobs to go to.

DMC
04-11-2010, 07:01 PM
One of the sites i am on just now has brought forweard several plots due to increased sales,that can only be good.Keeps me ticking over into the new year.