PDA

View Full Version : Will anyone go to work tomorrow?

Goodmanatee
28-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Minus conditions. Snowy or ice roads. Will you be going to work tomorrow or will it be a monday club, duvet day?

TonyM
28-11-2010, 05:45 PM
If the roads are white then I won't be risking the van, but if they are passable, i'll be going in.

DMC
28-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Will depend on what the weather is like in the morning, if there has been more snow i will head back to bed.

Goodmanatee
28-11-2010, 06:34 PM
If it snows we don't goes!

amestaper
29-11-2010, 06:28 AM
The schools are all closed here because of the snowy weather and dont think anyone with a vehicle will get far.
Sledging it is then

prjwebb
29-11-2010, 10:30 AM
snowed in here, can't even get to the beach for a surf!

DMC
29-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Went to work this morning, after half an hour health and safety ordered it closed before someone broke an ankle.

Goodmanatee
29-11-2010, 04:46 PM
Lasted 2 hours. All the buckets of water I brought in on Friday had turned into slush puppies. All the readymix had frozen inside the building. My hands almost fell off washing up some tools i leave in a bucket over the weekend. Doesn't look like it's gonna get any better. If it doesn't tiny tim won't eat this Christmas!

amestaper
29-11-2010, 06:23 PM
3 days of snow and I cant get my bins emptied, mail delivered or a vehicle on the road. :lmao:
Is the rest of the UK getting their back streets gritted as well as the main roads? Just asking cos a snowplough is piling up snowdrifts either side of the street it would take a humvee and a shovel to get over.
Schools are all off tomorrow as well so kids are delighted.

TonyM
29-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Went in and had to buy bottled water to mix up with as the main was frozen.

E.K Taper
30-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Went in and had to buy bottled water to mix up with as the main was frozen.
You're keen!!!
I managed out yesterday and today but heading out to start another job just now so I've nipped home to fill up my barrels with water as the site mains are frozen. Then again, its looking like snow again so I may just fetch that icy cold case of Stella from the boot...........

JON RAMBO
30-11-2010, 05:18 PM
took mon and tues off not risking it but boss has just been on phone must have houses finished for thursday!what fcuking chance have you got carnt even have a day or two off

DMC
30-11-2010, 06:16 PM
The forecast for these parts is for the temp to hit -15. Looks like a few duvet days coming up.

amestaper
30-11-2010, 06:21 PM
The snows a foot deep in the street and everyones panic buying from the shops like theres no tomorrow, I find this funny so god knows what the people in countries where it really snows make of our failure to cope. An internet connection, PC and a PS3 kept me company today.

dryfix
30-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Had to have today off, to have a new window screen fitted,after a block of ice and snow slid off the 2 storey office block,leaving the screen looking like it had been hit with an artillery shell,glass all inside cab,110 mile drive back home in a blizzard freezing my tits off as the snow and sleet came in through the cracks and holes.:mad:

turrican_007
01-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Went in Monday sanding, hopefully wont be going back for at least 2 weeks, but i did hear the weather and its going to start getting milder late next week.

turrican_007
03-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Its minus all next week aswell..

2buck
05-12-2010, 04:20 AM
ah ha ha,this poor old little canuck from canada can't stop laughing his a$$ off,what you guys are talking about sounds like summer to us:lmao:

amestaper
05-12-2010, 08:52 AM
i agree unfortunately the local councils around these parts choose to grit/salt only some main roads and not others so either way you're f*cked and cant drive to work if you choose to use spikes or chains on your tyres. Canada was one of the countries I thought of earlier when I mentioned real snow

Goodmanatee
05-12-2010, 10:40 AM
ah ha ha,this poor old little canuck from canada can't stop laughing his a$$ off,what you guys are talking about sounds like summer to us:lmao:

To be fair 2 buck some places have had a lot of snow, but this country can't cope with snow fall the transport networks falls to pieces.

2buck
06-12-2010, 02:29 AM
goodmanatee,amestaper
no I hear you guys,.......but don't worry, karma/god paid me back for laughing at you lads,we just got our first snow fall today,30 cm,threw 5 boxes of mud in truck to put some weight on her to get home today from work.and were getting another 30cm tomorrow,and another 15 the next day.just here in Canuck land,it's like ,oh it's here (snow) and you drive in it
but yeah,we got the government cutting back on road service (plows etc) to justify raising their taxes,but driving in the snow and watching hockey come naturally here
and in my opinion,even though it only snows 3 months out of the year (sssshhhhh don't yet the yanks know that:nono:) I like the idea of global warming....less snow

amestaper
06-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Edinburgh got another +20cm of snow dumped on it today. My car skidded into a 3 foot deep snowdrift (really, it was way higher than the hood) this morning because the roads hadnt been plowed or gritted. I blocked the road to traffic both ways for almost 20 minutes while my good lady, two nice motorists and I dug the car out with a snow shovel. Guess who watched us the whole time without lending a hand?.......

A council road gritting truck full of able bodied men. You just couldnt make this up.

The ironic thing about this is that I was heading to pay my council tax not long after our slip.... so I may just hold on to this payment until our local council can make the streets and pavements safe or it thaws out in the springtime. Our bins also havent even been emptied for a couple of weeks now. Clowns.

belmoreboy
06-12-2010, 09:30 PM
For once its missed us in East Anglia, had a bit last week but nearly all melted now, just bitter cold - watching the news tonight looks pretty bad op north hope youre all keeping safe!

Oh forgot to say anyone that's in a badly effected area please bear with us on deliveries of tools and materials, things seem ok at present but weather is very unpredictable and can create backlog of deliveries from fedex hubs at busy times.