PDA

View Full Version : Whats Everyones Plans Over Xmas and New Year

belmoreboy
17-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi All

Just trying to gauge when everyone is finishing for xmas and re starting back - mixed response this year from local contractors, just want to make sure we service our regulars and of course the Forum faithful.

Cheers

amestaper
17-12-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm already packed up. That snow last week made sure no materials were sent out for about 10 days just when I needed coving delivered to a job. Have to work between Christmas and New Year to make this one up now.
Back out sometime after the 3rd of January... I haven't got much on though.

TonyM
17-12-2010, 07:36 PM
The snow bolloxed things up today, as the job i'm on is in a little village where the gritters don't go, and it's hills in and out. Got to finish boarding this weekend, then leaving it for a week or so to fit another taping job from Monday. Will have Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon off, then back to it. 1st & 2nd Jan off then hello 2011. Got a very busy January.

crack filler
18-12-2010, 09:16 AM
sites are open till the 24th but they won't want me in there so finish 23rd till the 3rd looking forward to the break been chocka

saleen836
18-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Should be back to work Monday hopefully, will finish on Wed 22, then back when the site opens again on Jan 4 (Mon 3rd Jan is a bank holiday!)

crack filler
18-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Should be back to work Monday hopefully, will finish on Wed 22, then back when the site opens again on Jan 4 (Mon 3rd Jan is a bank holiday!)

oops sorry got mixed up

DMC
18-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Finishing on the 23rd til the 3rd. Big house to start on Monday if i can get any materials on site. Wee painting job in between Xmas and new year. 2011 can only be better.

E.K Taper
21-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Finishing up Wed 22nd and prob start back 4th or 5th Jan. Got keys to go in if I want during holidays but, we'll see! Best laid plans and all that. Have a great Xmas and New Year fellas

saleen836
21-12-2010, 10:08 PM
I made an attempt to get back to site (nr Minehead) on Monday, the A303 was fine with no problems until I got on the A358 heading to Taunton! the snow started and got heavier the closer i got to Taunton, roads were becomming slippery under the tyres so I pulled over and thought do I risk the last 15 miles? I didn't want to wake up Tuesday morning in the b&b to find I'm stranded there for days so turned the van round and came home, turns out it was the right choice as when I phoned the b&b they told me there was people stranded at Butlins in Minehead, so that is it for me now until Jan 4.