PDA

View Full Version : External corner tape hopper

scottishlad2k10
30-01-2011, 09:03 PM

came across this piece of equipment on a youtube vid and it looks pretty good efficiant and quick........ problem is........... live in a remote area/island in the north west of scotland. so cant get the compound they use...... we use gyproc (bagged) fast set.... and then gyproc promix finish for final skim.

just wonder if anyones used this piece of equipment or something similar?

just wonder if it can be used with the fast set filler in a much smoother creamier mix?

crack filler
30-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I use this but use joint cement in it then coat up with filler, a lot of cleaning out otherwise. I use normal flex through it also, saved a lot of time with it.

scottishlad2k10
30-01-2011, 09:23 PM
what do ya mean joint cement? is that the readymix stuff? 370 we use that for first and 2nd coats on fibres and corner beads. and promix lite readymix 371<<< we use that for finish skim as its a doddle to use and also to sand :) can basically rub it with your finger so super quick to sand.

TonyM
30-01-2011, 09:27 PM
It's fine to use with joint cement to set beads. Just allow a little while to set before coating up with fast set.

scottishlad2k10
30-01-2011, 09:30 PM
so i could use the crappy gyproc? the stuff thats like brown and makes you cry when you try sand it? just water it down a little?372or know of any other makes of hoppers? as this ones like 100?

crack filler
30-01-2011, 09:43 PM
We mix our joint cement but yes thin it down as it is gravity fed. I also use a external corner roller speeds things up a bit

scottishlad2k10
30-01-2011, 09:45 PM
We mix our joint cement but yes thin it down as it is gravity fed. I also use a external corner roller speeds things up a bit

what make of joint cement do you use?

crack filler
30-01-2011, 09:49 PM
I use lafarge G-tec but it's really a personal preference BG is better gear in the long run

scottishlad2k10
30-01-2011, 09:53 PM
now the problem i find is typing into google for taping tools always get thrown onto usa sites even though i type in uk. wheres the best places for buying taping tools? and do you use floats and hawks? or do yous use pans and filling knifes? also where can i buy the external corner roller?

crack filler
30-01-2011, 10:03 PM
belmore boy on here is the best man to see about tools (www.belmoretools.com (http://www.belmoretools.com)) or something like that, I'm a hand jointer and use a trowel and filling knife but most guys on here are machine jointers.

scottishlad2k10
30-01-2011, 10:05 PM
im the same cause its alot of kithouses we do and the guy used a taping machine its fantastic! till the tapes bossed and split lol its great having a machine that takes ages to clean lets say the guy never got asked back with his machine lol