PDA

View Full Version : koom/coom tape solutions

scottishlad2k10
31-01-2011, 08:02 PM
hi there wonder if any of you guys have any ideas or solutions as to how you can make joiners crappy unstraight kooms straight with tape & filler or joint cement as skimming non stop is costly and also extreamy time taking. i come across it quite alot and as the company we do the taping for they always want straight kooms...... not allowed rounding them :( doh!

amestaper
31-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Tell the boarders to fix it themselves but if you have no luck due to old uneven beams etc, for uneven sloped ceilings I sometimes fix an inverted length of metal corner tape with fast set as this creates a straight sharper line between points a and b. Only if the client pays extra though.

TonyM
31-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Try inverting some flex tape or No-coat Ultraflex 325 mate. That should straighten them a bit. Failing that, do the boarding yourself.

Brian S
31-01-2011, 08:23 PM
The best way I know is to use corner flex..............unfortunately

scottishlad2k10
01-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Try inverting some flex tape or No-coat Ultraflex 325 mate. That should straighten them a bit. Failing that, do the boarding yourself.

i would rather do the boarding tbh make a better job of it than these lazy ar**hole joiners anyway! its unreal how ruff they are and get away with it and its us guys left to sort it. between that and "automatic screwguns" that the fu*s dont know how to set the depth on screws hanging out everywhere.

scottishlad2k10
01-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Tell the boarders to fix it themselves but if you have no luck due to old uneven beams etc, for uneven sloped ceilings I sometimes fix an inverted length of metal corner tape with fast set as this creates a straight sharper line between points a and b. Only if the client pays extra though.

ah to be honest i always get lumberd on a job with this "supposidly christain who lies like mad" whos ruffer than half the apprentice joiners yet still gets away with it. il have to get some pictures from the next job i tape that hes boarded. any fool can plasterboard but this fool takes the micky with screws hanging out squint boards huge gaps..... and so on. luckly on his jobs im not on price hourly rates which is a good thing :) but il defo get pictures

" done the boses mansion of a house and the douchebag joiner laid the solid oak floor 60m2 and half the nails he put in shot back thru the face of the floor :L this is what we work with lol "