PDA

View Full Version : self employment

scottishlad2k10
05-03-2011, 08:23 PM
anyone ditched a company and started up themselves? i work for a building company and getting sick of the crap pay and when work runs out on our front we get put labouring with other trades. which is crap.

suppose the bad point of self employment is no holidays? unless you charge enough?
good point is making alot more than working for someone else. like for example 80 a day with a company rate...... 200 - 500 a day self employed?

whats your views?

IF YOU CHARGE TOO MUCH YOU DONT GET THE WORK AND GO BUST.
IF YOU CHARGE TOO LITTLE YOU GET THE WORK AND GO BUST BUT IT TAKES LONGER.:cool:

TonyM
05-03-2011, 09:13 PM
anyone ditched a company and started up them selfs? i work for a building company and getting sick of the crap pay and when work runs out on our front we get put labouring with other trades. which is crap.

suppose the bad point of self employment is no holidays? unless you charge enough?
good point is making alot more than working for someone else. like for example 80 a day with a company rate...... 200 - 500 a day self employed?

whats your views?

IF YOU CHARGE TOO MUCH YOU DONT GET THE WORK AND GO BUST.
IF YOU CHARGE TOO LITTLE YOU GET THE WORK AND GO BUST BUT IT TAKES LONGER.:cool:

Selling drugs maybe, but not taping.

scottishlad2k10
05-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Selling drugs maybe, but not taping.

maybe not taping but........
can whitewash a house in a day easy :)

turrican_007
06-03-2011, 06:48 AM
I know some good tradesmen on 75 day (painters) and happy with it in a recession. If your getting 80 i would stay with it until things really pick up, dont go mugging yourself out of a regular wage on the dream of 200 - 500 a day.

When the industry gets busy then have a go :fing02:.

scottishlad2k10
06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
I know some good tradesmen on 75 day (painters) and happy with it in a recession. If your getting 80 i would stay with it until things really pick up, dont go mugging yourself out of a regular wage on the dream of 200 - 500 a day.

When the industry gets busy then have a go :fing02:.

yeah but things here with the companys arnt really going to pick up within the next two years anyway more and more boys paid off every week....... due to this irish company coming in and stealing all the jobs from the local companys..... taking everything! even the music festival!!! their tradesmen are working for 6 - 7 an hour stufffff that like! labourers 4 - 6 an hour........ how can you live on that? and compete with that? especially with fuel prices etc?

could easily make 200 - 500 a day as a painter...... like a job 2 of us done before as a homer....... went in boys had it taped (other guys) so all we had to do was 2 coats of white in every room. walls and ceilings 2 story house....... 12 rooms + hallway...... we first coated the whole house in one day went back the second day to 2nd coat..... even at say 50 a coat per room thats walls and ceilings...... your talking 700 thats for a first coat...... we made 1400 in 2 days we were grafting but there was no skirtings doors woodwork etc :) best job ive ever been on :)

mancman
06-03-2011, 08:23 PM
yeah but things here with the companys arnt really going to pick up within the next two years anyway more and more boys paid off every week....... due to this irish company coming in and stealing all the jobs from the local companys..... taking everything! even the music festival!!! their tradesmen are working for 6 - 7 an hour stufffff that like! labourers 4 - 6 an hour........ how can you live on that? and compete with that? especially with fuel prices etc?

could easily make 200 - 500 a day as a painter...... like a job 2 of us done before as a homer....... went in boys had it taped (other guys) so all we had to do was 2 coats of white in every room. walls and ceilings 2 story house....... 12 rooms + hallway...... we first coated the whole house in one day went back the second day to 2nd coat..... even at say 50 a coat per room thats walls and ceilings...... your talking 700 thats for a first coat...... we made 1400 in 2 days we were grafting but there was no skirtings doors woodwork etc :) best job ive ever been on :)

yeah but surely those kind of jobs come up few and far between. the kind of prices that we're being paid at the moment are that poor that i'm quite happy taking it easy on day work until things perk up a bit

scottishlad2k10
06-03-2011, 09:12 PM
well there has been a couple like this actually. but it was withing the company the other few like it. but i always find that you make more money on the taping & exterior house/building painting as its far quicker than painting insides of houses?