PDA

View Full Version : Wondertex

TonyM
06-04-2011, 06:33 PM
My normal supplier is waiting on a Gyproc delivery, so I had to use another merchant and get Wondertex Ultra Light Joint Cment. Now I remember why I stopped using it......... its awful stuff. The one and only good thing about it is that it sands easily.
Won't be buying that again. :(

Goodmanatee
06-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Wondertex ultra shite!

jase hag
07-04-2011, 05:41 AM
i use wondertex ultra light all the time and find it very good.

crack filler
07-04-2011, 04:20 PM
what was the problem with it Tony, I stopped using it because I had heard that internal tapes were coming off 6 months down the line, how true that was I don't know, but did quite like it

TonyM
07-04-2011, 05:56 PM
It doesn't blend in nicely after boxing the flats and the butt joints. BG will stay 'live' and allow you to blend it in nicely, but this stuff sucks back quickly and if you try to trowel it, it rolls up.
It's what you are use to I suppose.

I've not used Arrow, and to be honest, I don't think I would.

saleen836
10-04-2011, 09:38 AM
It doesn't blend in nicely after boxing the flats and the butt joints. BG will stay 'live' and allow you to blend it in nicely, but this stuff sucks back quickly and if you try to trowel it, it rolls up.
It's what you are use to I suppose.

I've not used Arrow, and to be honest, I don't think I would.
This is the same problem I found with it Tony! To those tapers who like using it, are you machine or hand tapers?

Even though BG is more expensive I will stick to using their products for now.

TonyM
10-04-2011, 03:49 PM
I found it fine for hand taping as you are finishing as you go, but in the time it takes to box 4 or 5 joints, it has sucked in to far to touch in if necessary.
Sanding it is a lot quicker though.

crack filler
10-04-2011, 04:10 PM
This is the same problem I found with it Tony! To those tapers who like using it, are you machine or hand tapers?

Even though BG is more expensive I will stick to using their products for now.

I,m a hand jointer we do tend to like our gear a little bit different

Goodmanatee
10-04-2011, 08:06 PM
It just takes a little getting use to it. All products are slight different. Like Tony says each to is own.