PDA

View Full Version : where to buy

amestaper
06-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Does this mean a trade credit, cash account or walk in off the street price for taping materials?

admin
06-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Yup, all of the above. We want to hear the good, the bad and downright ugly.
If you've got a good deal, lets hear about it, and if you've been ripped off, name them and shame them.
Any useful information should be posted on the forum so please don't keep it to yourself.

amestaper
10-01-2009, 02:29 PM
I buy most of my supplies here. They are an independant builders merchant and have 2 depots in Edinburgh. Scotland's largest independant according to their website which you can see here. http://www.thistletimbersupplies.co.uk (http://www.thistletimbersupplies.co.uk)

amestaper
26-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Trolling through these old threads, and I found an invoice with individual prices for what I used on a recent job.

Fibatape mesh 3.00
Gyproc corner tape 12.00
Gyproc Joint cement 15.50
Gyproc Joint Filler 5.75
Gyproc paper tape 3.30
Lafarge Smartmix 20 litre 17.00

the_tapeinator
28-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Very good prices but Gyprocs a barsteward to sand.:)

TonyM
28-06-2009, 02:55 PM
I get most of my materials from Johnson Leyland paint merchants, now called PPG Architectural Coatings Ltd. Branched nationwide.

Only use British Gypsum

Easifill 90,45 & 20 about 9 a bag
Joint Filler less than a fiver
Joint Cement 13 .something
No-coat bead 33 a box of 30m - dear stuff but good
Paper tape 2.20
Flex tape 9 but don't use it.
Drtwall sealer 10ltrs (red /white tub) 23. something

Scrim tape 1.80 ish from Marnic PLC in london (mail order) and got to buy 24 at a time.

All plus vat.

amestaper
28-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I used to have an account with them when they were run by Kalon. Cheapest I ever got for BG joint cement was 11.72. Never did get the prices as low as the rest of yours Tony, did you have to haggle those prices?

TonyM
28-06-2009, 06:47 PM
I used to have an account with them when they were run by Kalon. Cheapest I ever got for BG joint cement was 11.72. Never did get the prices as low as the rest of yours Tony, did you have to haggle those prices?
I've been using them for gear for years. Their customer service is 2nd to none. When I first started getting jointing materials from them, I was getting joint filler for 4.50 and cement for 9.89. The prices above are what they have crept up to over the years. None of my other suppliers can touch their prices. Before the recession started, i was regularly spending 2k+ a month on jointing materials and coving. Only doing about 4-600 now.

Lightrock
02-07-2009, 12:19 AM
well. there is little enough material overlap, since much of what I read hear I've never heard of.
no coat run 45$ a 100' (30 M)
straight flex, my preference, cost 17$ at all-wall, and even with shipping its a savings since they want 35$ a roll for it here in Edmonton now.
http://www.all-wall.com/acatalog/Drywall_Corner_Tapes.html
While you are there cast bout for their other prices

Mud (in Edmonton) is about C$18.75 a box for ready mix ( the type not the brand, Synko's readimix could be free and I'd still throw it out)
pails of mud run about 26.60 for an 18l pail
Fast-Set runs about 18$ per 9 Kg bag i think
we use steel or paper coated steel corner beads here, those run 29c a foot.

if anyone has something they want to ask about, I'll find out what it's going for here.

I get my materials locally at tier 2 prices, higher than volume discounts, but below walk-in customer levels. yay commercial account.