PDA

View Full Version : Straitflex

Brian S
30-04-2011, 06:39 PM
What is this stuff for?

Background info

On a couple of jobs lately I have needed some Corner Flex, so the duly elected material fetcher on site has been instructed to go to whichever merchants is nearby, and get a couple of boxes of Corner Flex.
They come back with Straitflex, as it's all they have. Taping delayed until proper corner tape found.
I haven't used it on site, until last week, (still had the rolls left over) I have been fire taping, and used some there.

There's no strength in this stuff, the only use I can see for it is internal 45 or other off angles, to give a straight (er) line

TonyM
30-04-2011, 07:38 PM
It's used to line the bottom of skips and rubbish bags. It is utter shite.

DMS
30-04-2011, 08:42 PM
That is what its for, internal angles.....

2buck
01-05-2011, 05:57 AM
do what tonym says.
It was the forefather of no-coat and mid flex, great Idea at the time, but way too many call backs on the product. It's a vinyl based product so it does not bond well with the mud

belmoreboy
01-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Tony and 2 buck have you tried strait flex with the cut outs on the edge (sorry best way i can explain it!) these do seem to add a better bond to the wall - im still selling good ammounts of strait flex although i sell alot more no coat tape and more recently the usg bfixed length beads