PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable drive shafts

saleen836
26-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Move along, nothing to see here!

(edited because I posted before I used the search function)

TonyM
26-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Silly Billy.

mancman
27-06-2011, 09:33 PM
a couple of questions regarding drive shafts......are replacement ones pretty much universal or do you have to get a spcific one for whatever model you have? also, can you buy short ones or can you cut down a standard one to whatever length you need? thanks.

belmoreboy
28-06-2011, 08:34 AM
a couple of questions regarding drive shafts......are replacement ones pretty much universal or do you have to get a spcific one for whatever model you have? also, can you buy short ones or can you cut down a standard one to whatever length you need? thanks.

Hi driveshaft for porter cable and flex are the same (long neck version) what make do you have? i might be able to source a short shaft for you - they don't work at all well when cut down as ends are squared off to fit in gear end, the rest of the shaft is round.

saleen836
28-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Are the Flex driveshafts the same thickness as the new style Porter Cable shafts? Just wondering as the last pair I bought for my Porter C. were a little thicker than what I was replacing and so wouldn't go into the plastic sleeve.