PDA

View Full Version : Bead Hoppers

Brian S
24-07-2011, 10:06 AM
How many guys use them?
A definite useful addition to the tool bag, or only if you do lots of taping.

Brian S
24-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Sugar, should of done a search, lol, never mind.
Still answer if you feel like it:D

TonyM
24-07-2011, 11:30 AM
I do, but reckon 2Bucks way of using a mudrunner and external mud head could be quicker and less messy. You'd just need an off angle mud head too. When I eventually get a Mudrunner, i'll let you know.

Brian S
24-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Tony normally use the corner box with the 90 external applicator on, works a treat, but going to do 1 maybe 2 jobs with shed loads of columns

crack filler
24-07-2011, 06:12 PM
I use one and yes it has been useful and worth the money in my opinion, but have to agree with tony and 2buck as which way is quicker, if i was buying now I would get a head to go on my "better than ever" mud tube.

Beermonster
25-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi there Brian, Yea i have the sheetrock hopper and its the best thing out there! I have tried the external head on the corner box which works ok but give me the hopper any day!!!

crack filler
25-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Hi there Brian, Yea i have the sheetrock hopper and its the best thing out there! I have tried the external head on the corner box which works ok but give me the hopper any day!!!

thats interesting anybody else had problems or does not rate an external head before I spend my hard earned cash.

Beermonster
25-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Push the beads through lad out they come coated up stick the baby on give it a roll scrape excess off, job done!!
No filling boxes just fill the hopper!!

crack filler
25-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Cheers beermonster been using a hopper for about 2years and really rate it but there is a lot of toing and throwing with it a lot of walking on the old knees

belmoreboy
25-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Which hopper are you guys using the old style square one or the new USG one that fits neatky on top of bucket?

Brian S
26-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Steve put it on a small trolley and and pull it around the room with you

E.K Taper
29-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Havent used a hopper but saw it in action at a Gyproc Tools Open Day in Edinburgh a few weeks back and I'm definately gonna invest in 1! Buttering up is my pet hate

Cazna
30-07-2011, 10:16 AM
I do, but reckon 2Bucks way of using a mudrunner and external mud head could be quicker and less messy. You'd just need an off angle mud head too. When I eventually get a Mudrunner, i'll let you know.

2Buck does not use a mudrunner, He uses and compound tube with an external mud head to apply the mud to the externals, then the paper metal beads and so do i do it this way, I do have and use a runner but not for the beads, The CP tube works great and you can hot mud it, You need a pump to fill a runner so its more hassel.

I have a hopper for this method as well, Its ok but the CP tube and mudhead seems better.
I do use a hopper for the paper metal INTERNALS, Here in nz we have door revels so we have tight corners, Like an inch or less that you cant get an angle head down and they are slow to paper tape so use a hopper to mud the internal beads and stick em in, Corners sorted, Works great, Saves time.

TonyM
01-08-2011, 08:53 PM
2Buck does not use a mudrunner, He uses and compound tube with an external mud head to apply the mud to the externals, then the paper metal beads and so do i do it this way, I do have and use a runner but not for the beads, The CP tube works great and you can hot mud it, You need a pump to fill a runner so its more hassel.

I have a hopper for this method as well, Its ok but the CP tube and mudhead seems better.
I do use a hopper for the paper metal INTERNALS, Here in nz we have door revels so we have tight corners, Like an inch or less that you cant get an angle head down and they are slow to paper tape so use a hopper to mud the internal beads and stick em in, Corners sorted, Works great, Saves time.

I've never used the internal metal corners but can see the advantage in tight places. As for mud tubes, I wouldn't give them house room.