PDA

View Full Version : paper tape dispenser

wallpaul
25-07-2011, 04:10 PM
anyone ever used 1 of these..

http://www.drywall-emporium.com/ekmps/shops/tdeekm/images/drywall-paper-tape-dispenser-143-p.jpg

amestaper
25-07-2011, 04:21 PM
I saw this being used once which is similar, on the same job as one of them sharp dangerous looking banjo tools but dont kid yourself they're anywhere near as fast as a bazooka. Maybe they're useful if you're a hand taper though.

http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/joint_tape_dispensers_section.jpg (http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/joint_tape_dispensers_section.jpg)

PS. Photo blagged borrowed from Belmore Tools website.

wallpaul
25-07-2011, 04:28 PM
i use a roller then flush with bte head.
was thinking this could save me having paper all over the floor.

amestaper
25-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Thats one benefit, and so is having both your hands free but I cant find any reason to use one of these instead of an automatic taper.

wallpaul
25-07-2011, 04:55 PM
true very true,but if you do not own a auto taper a good substitute....

TonyM
25-07-2011, 06:05 PM
I use the reel thing, the metal one though, not the plastic version as I don't use a bazooka. Good little tool.

Captain perfect
25-07-2011, 08:17 PM
I have the plastic ones, Don't ever try to use the creaser on them. It is better to crease with your fingers.

They are ace when using the mud runner on stilts doing the top internals!

Brian S
25-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I've used both, (don't use a bazooka) my prefered choice would be this one

The plastic ones have a tendency to jam with a new roll, espcially if the roll is not competely round

belmoreboy
25-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Hi All

Good to hear from you guys that use the tape dispenser as you say it;s a neat bit of kit saves putting your tape on the floor!

Just curious, would you guys be interested in a bazooka if it was very very cheap??!:confused:

Be interested to hear from you all - Thanks !

Amestaper - invoice for image rental in the post lol haha :roll:

Brian S
26-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Marcus, no I wouldn't, the amount of taping we do, and we use mesh.
We would spend more time cleaning than actually running it

Captain perfect
26-07-2011, 10:12 AM
would you guys be interested in a bazooka if it was very very cheap??!:

Yes I would How much?

Brian S
26-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Oh go on then Marcus, tell me how cheeeeeeap:D:D:D

2buck
27-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Go with the steel one like everyone else says, It's been years since I have installed tape that way, since I'm a bazooka man now. But when I first started I did it the way your doing it. I don't remember,,,,, but it does make a difference weather the tape comes out from over the top or from under neath, just like the toilet paper argument. It also makes a difference weather your left or right handed too (i think) if you find the tape keeps binding up or catching on it's self, then flip the roll over. I think it's suppose to come from under neath...... but it's been a long time so.......

There is a trick on how to apply flat tapes on high ceilings too, it involves a wiping knife on a pole, I can post a vid if you are interested. No stilts or benches needed, your feet don't leave the ground......

Brian S
27-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Hey 2Buck welcome back:fing02:
I would be interested to see that video

2buck
27-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Hey 2Buck welcome back:fing02:
I would be interested to see that video
I stop in, you guys don't talk over here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S99DUwiNKgM

Thank mudslingr, he made the vid, you can stick a pole in that type of handle he has, we duct taped a knife to a sanding pole

Brian S
27-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Neat, I like that

belmoreboy
27-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Ok so i can offer a taper for 450 + vat brand new with full 2 year warranty - if i can get enough people interested i may be able to offer some top quality refurbished tapers (top brand) 299 + vat with 12 month warranty

Does this sound a deal to anyone?

Brian S
27-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Can't knock that for price Marcus:fing02:

E.K Taper
28-07-2011, 09:12 PM
At that price I might be tempted to give the bazooka another go. Back to the thread, I have 1 of these paper tape dispensers. Used once, now lying at the bottom of my shed. Say no more.........