PDA

View Full Version : Corner finishers

boonie72
05-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi currently use a columbia corner finisher and thinking of investing in a spare but after speaking to three other tapers who have bought columbia finishers have had the head keep digging in and ripping the tape and have been less than impressed.Thought I might try tapetech, what are anyboby thoughts? Cheers

E.K Taper
05-08-2011, 07:24 PM
My 3" finisher is a Tapetech, Boonie and I've had no problem with it. Columbia is a good make so dont be put off by what your mates say, sometimes a new one can rip the tape but maybe their tecnique isn't right? Running the finisher from top down to the bottom can end up with a rip, maybe a foot from the floor so its better to finish upwards for a couple of feet. Just a thought............

Brian S
05-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Can't help you on that one, only use the BTE flushers, never had a problem, and costs a lot less.

Is this on the "Glaze coat"?

boonie72
05-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Hi ,they said it was ripping after the corner roller but I use the the rolplow instead

E.K Taper
05-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Hmmmm, maybe its just a bit too sharp in the corner? If they're new ones then that can happen but they will break in in time. Not much use now though!

Cazna
05-08-2011, 08:39 PM
They are tricky to get the hang of but if you have the tapes on for to long the they get wet and soft and make it harder to use an angle head on becouse they do tear and rip much easier, You want to roll and use the angle head as soon as possable, Also you dont push very hard, Its not a knife trowel or corner trowel, Its just a soft touch and they are on a handle so remember leverage, You might not think your pushing hard but you are, Also you can only really get away with one or two passes, Any more and it will get messy, You cant keep going over and over it, And if they are new they can be a little scratchy, If you get some wet and dry sand paper about 220g and give the blades a few swipes this can help break em in a bit, And sand the point, NOT to much, only a few swipes, Makes a big difference

drywall guy
05-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Allways used tape-tech and never had problem, recently bought a tape-tech 3" easy roll corner fininsher and it is really good.

boonie72
06-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Hi,thanks for your comments guys does your easyroll finisher go well on final coat?

drywall guy
06-08-2011, 12:24 PM
It goes well first & second time, the springs on the back of the finisher can be ajusted to give you 1 spring or 2 springs . This gives you really tight edges and cuts down on sanding. It also glides along internal angles with ease. A GREAT BIT OF KIT

wallpaul
06-08-2011, 01:45 PM
never had a problem with mine.

DMC
07-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Been using the BTE finisher without any problems.