PDA

View Full Version : GTEC Corner tape

boonie72
05-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi,has anybody found this flex tape has gone really flimsy recently seems like there cutting back on the gauge of the metal to keep the cost down?

E.K Taper
05-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Happened with Gypsum tape mate, they've cut back on it too now its not that good. Used to be solid. I done a couple o houses last week and it was all Lafarge gear the fella bought. I actually thought the flex tape was ok but if you're using it all the time then fair enough. We generally use Wondertex flex tape now as Gypsum aint worth the money

amestaper
06-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Happened with Gypsum tape mate, they've cut back on it too now its not that good. Used to be solid.

I've kept a sample length of the old BG corner tape in my shed alongside the newer rebranded French Placo Finition tape they're now selling to benchmark any further drops in standard and I'm amazed anybody uses it. Like you EK, I reckon Wondertex at around 10 a box is the best stuff available now.

Apparently it's all down to global wholesale metal costs and BG did buy some of their stock in from China last year... and that went straight back to the merchants and replaced with No-Coat 325 at the same price.
:delivery:

E.K Taper
07-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Is the French Placo finition tape a really super duper uber flimsy tape? I used this on a Stewart Milne site a few weeks back and it was quite good to be honest. The plasterboard has to be spot on tho and I wouldn't fancy its chances if some1 knocked against it

adrywallfinisher
07-08-2011, 04:40 AM
does straight flex ship to Europe? I always use gold bond tapes because of the coloration.

DMC
07-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Is the French Placo finition tape a really super duper uber flimsy tape? I used this on a Stewart Milne site a few weeks back and it was quite good to be honest. The plasterboard has to be spot on tho and I wouldn't fancy its chances if some1 knocked against it

I have been using this for a while now without any problems. Does burst easier than the old BG tape, especially when some D**K head joiner insists on carrying his stool over his shoulder without a care in the world, and hitting every corner he passes. Next time he does it he's getting a :nutkick:

amestaper
13-08-2011, 09:40 AM
does straight flex ship to Europe? I always use gold bond tapes because of the coloration.

Marcus @Belmore sells it.
http://www.belmoretools.com/acatalog/Strait_Flex_Products.html

amestaper
13-08-2011, 09:42 AM

It doesnt take a knock very good, and after youve cut them beware any falling on the floor and being trod on.