PDA

View Full Version : Gyproc Proset

Beermonster
10-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Hi there Lads!
I have a rep coming 2 c me tommorrow with a bag of Proset 2 give me a demo of it!:)
Has any of u guys(OR GIRLS) ever used this stuff and whats ur thoughts on it?:confused:

Brian S
10-08-2011, 07:26 PM
No I haven't, would be useful to find out about it.
Is this the one that takes 12 hrs to set?

belmoreboy
10-08-2011, 08:30 PM
used it - it mixes up ok goes on ok, bit of a heavy feel to it, sands ok - only problem when i used it, we were also using normal joint cement (easysand) it actually went off quicker! it was very dry the next day. Hard to say if its worth paying the extra, i guess if your suffering from wet joints and angles hanging then its worth the extra bucks

amestaper
11-08-2011, 12:04 PM
This stuffs been available for about 18 months I think. Me and a mate got hold of some sample bags from Crown in Edinburgh.
See this link http://www.tapingandjointing.com/forum/showthread.php/489-8-Hr-Setting-compound-Gyproc-ProSet

You cant use it for anything you intend to second coat the same day as it takes around 8 hours to set up (unless you work longer shifts) and I would use it on large jobs where you keep on the move. The rep said we could pump it through the gun, which you could if you have a high pressure hose on site to clean it out every night, but personally I wouldnt do this for fear of knackering my bazooka if it hardened. I only boxed and nail spotted through my third pump which doesnt get used often.

Seems half decent and sanded alright, I just dont know how much a bag of this sells for as my local merchant doesnt stock it.

USG also produce a joint cement that allows you to mix in your own setting agent that hardens in about half the time. Thats also a good product but cant remember the name of it. Use the search function, or see similar threads below as it has been mentioned here before.

Please leave your own feedback and tell us what you think.

E.K Taper
11-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Haven't used it but got 2 bags in the shed from the Gypsum Open Day in Edinburgh. Gonna use them when the weather takes a turn about October, so I can Use it for 10"boxing then 12"box the following day . It can be used for the full 3coat system , thru the boxes, bazooka etc and is a 8- 12 hour set. Rep says it would cost about 14 a bag 'depending how much your buying'. Which is probably if your buying a pallet:sneaky:

Beermonster
13-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Rep didnt appear the F**ker!! Gettin 2 bags on monday!!
I have a blue line quick disconect head taper i have not used for years so it's been stripped down and lubed up ready for this stuff coming!!
I will post how it goes with it! I would have liked 2 meet the rep as got a few Q's for him!
Winter is comin fast lad so anything would b a help!!(NOT LIKE WE HAVE HAD A SUMMER)

Beermonster
25-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Rep appeared today,just wanted 2 speak with me make sure i knew what this stuff is about!!
Taped a house out with the stuff and seems like its good stuff,went through the gun pretty nice!
Back the morn 2 box it out with proset i will let u lads know how it goes.

Beermonster
25-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Haven't used it but got 2 bags in the shed from the Gypsum Open Day in Edinburgh. Gonna use them when the weather takes a turn about October, so I can Use it for 10"boxing then 12"box the following day . It can be used for the full 3coat system , thru the boxes, bazooka etc and is a 8- 12 hour set. Rep says it would cost about 14 a bag 'depending how much your buying'. Which is probably if your buying a pallet:sneaky:
Got quoted the other day from Dulux 16.02 a bag which is not bad as u get about 2 buckets out of a bag!!!

E.K Taper
25-08-2011, 10:36 PM
:awesome:That aint bad for Dulux mate!

Beermonster
26-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Yea thats a no bad price!
Boxed out the house with it today and no probs its lookin good and if it dont sink much it will finish with a 12 box on top:)

Beermonster
30-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Well got back 2 the house today and no shrinkage!! Its lookin good:)
12 it the morn and it will b perfect!!
If i was any of u guys i would give this stuff a go c what u think of it!:confused:
Personaly i will b using this for putting tapes on and first box from now on as the weather is sh*t and going 2 get worse:(

E.K Taper
30-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah I think this stuff could come into its own during the winter months, cheers VANMAN:fing02:

forestbhoy
01-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Anybody know if this is available in Engerland as well...? If so where from? Would like to have a stab at it...

sq ames taper
05-07-2012, 07:50 PM
been promised a hotel in edinburgh from a subbie i work for so if it comes off i,ll ask them to get it on site

IF it comes off

E.K Taper
13-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Our contractor had the rep in and done demos etc with other lads, and ordered a pallet of this gear in. P*rsimmons man says "Get it off our fkn sites!" So we're back to fast set and cement. ......................till January when they want us to use the dreaded KNAUF again:crying2: