PDA

View Full Version : Main contractor prices

gyptech
22-08-2011, 04:36 PM
What sort of prices would you put to a tender to a main contractor? Level 4 finish.

TonyM
22-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Ten quid a square metre and five quid a linear for beads. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they read it too.

Goodmanatee
22-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Ten quid a square metre and five quid a linear for beads. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they read it too.

That would be nice. Work 2 days, 5 days off.

gyptech
23-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Been speaking to a qs from a main contractor, his company are moving away from the middle men and are wanting subbies to go direct to them. He was asking for labour only and supply prices. Says within 6 months this is how they will be running there contracts.

TonyM
23-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Been speaking to a qs from a main contractor, his company are moving away from the middle men and are wanting subbies to go direct to them. He was asking for labour only and supply prices. Says within 6 months this is how they will be running there contracts.

And why would they do that? That's right, to trim the middle mans margin off and save money. I'm glad I don't deal with those f*İkers anymore.

amestaper
25-08-2011, 09:07 AM
It doesn't matter what rates you give them as they will always find someone cheaper.

TonyM
25-08-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm now pricing all my taping jobs at £4 a metre plus beads and a quid for sealer. If I don't get them, I don't care, i'm fed up with taping.

Captain perfect
25-08-2011, 06:12 PM
i'm now pricing all my taping jobs at £4 a metre plus beads and a quid for sealer. If i don't get them, i don't care, i'm fed up with taping.

+ 1

:d

amestaper
25-08-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm now pricing all my taping jobs at £4 a metre plus beads and a quid for sealer. If I don't get them, I don't care, i'm fed up with taping.

Take it or leave it... You're on my bus Tony. I never spend more than an hour pricing a job or BQ these days and walk away if the client attempts to haggle a cheaper price. Too many pricing excercises have made me lose interest lately.

+ 1

:d

Beat me to it :p +2, and dont think I will wont be taping for much longer.

E.K Taper
25-08-2011, 10:30 PM
F**k sake, if you're all bailing out, who's gonna run this place? Anyone? Helloooo?:scared1:

DMC
26-08-2011, 01:38 PM
I spend more time doing private decorating work now than taping new builds, the arse is out the taping game now.

amestaper
26-08-2011, 04:22 PM
F**k sake, if you're all bailing out, who's gonna run this place? Anyone? Helloooo?:scared1:

I may have just priced my last job today. Not sure about quitting for good, but just taking some time off to make some easier money and learn something new. No worries regarding site either, it will stay online even if I do have to change my username from amestaper to window cleaner, or taxi driver lol.

I spend more time doing private decorating work now than taping new builds, the arse is out the taping game now.

It has been for over 2 years.... Maybe I was just being paid too much in the past, or I think people are taking the piss offering me £50 a shift. I actually can't be bothered to hang around while I work that one out.