PDA

View Full Version : Robbing Ba#%!rds

crack filler
24-09-2011, 11:20 AM
What a week I feel as I have worked for nothing because of my own stupidity, after a long day and not being able to get within 100yds of the house I stupidly "hid" my tools under the stairs, next day dewalt radio,transformer, BTE combo flusher and handle were missing, pretty sure it was another taper as who else would want a flusher but can't prove nothing.
Been doing this long enough to know better but always gone by the rules "YOU DON'T TOUCH A MANS TOOLS." F***ing scum.:mad:

TonyM
24-09-2011, 01:30 PM
No doors on the houses then Steve? I thought all houses were locked up on site nowadays. I'd bill the site for your stuff.

crack filler
24-09-2011, 04:55 PM
they were locked up mate thats why I know it was someone on site, it was the last house for a firm who have lost the next phase so a few different tapers on site and I was a bit out of my normal working area so no one knew me.

DMC
24-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Thats a sore one, i feel your pain mate.

moore
24-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Tall tree..Short rope!

Brian S
24-09-2011, 07:18 PM
That's a real bitch Steve, I feel for you mate:(
That wasn't up near me was it?

A mans tools are sacred, if I caught someone nicking my tools, the blade side of my Drywall hammer and their fingers would be introduced to each other:flaming:

crack filler
24-09-2011, 07:54 PM
yes mate I'm sorry to say it was your neck of the woods at least I know there are some decent people up there, Moore is the rope for me or the thieves I'm a little peed off but I will live to fight another day.

Brian S
24-09-2011, 08:43 PM
PM sent

jase hag
24-09-2011, 09:17 PM
sorry to hear that mate.

amestaper
25-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Not nice and ditto to every comment made above as I can sympathise with you. I doubt it will make a difference if you suspect another taper of nicking them but will keep a look out anyway for anything matching those descriptions in case any of them surface for sale here, and it may be be wise to check out any local rags, gumtree, ebay and the like to see if they're listed. Just in case it was an opportunist?

Never liked working on sites where I couldnt get the wheels up to the front door or didnt have one of no more than 2 keys for a container.

What goes around, comes around...

crack filler
25-09-2011, 08:00 AM
thanks alex it only has a replacement value of about 250 which is enough I know but its inconvenience, to finish the house I had to drag my jenny to and fro it took a little bit longer and worse of all had do it in silence as I miss the radio the most lol. lucky I'm not a machine jointer that would have been expensive.

amestaper
25-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Its the principle, you just cant mess with another mans working tools that keep his family fed and a roof over them. Can only hope the sticky fingered scumbags get what theyre due mate.

steven gorton
25-09-2011, 09:49 AM
That happened to me last week. i had my own lock up to come in on the monday to find my sander an mikita radio had been pinched. Went through the cctv to find it was the other taper. got my gear back an he got sacked but still makes me boil!

TonyM
25-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Call the police mate. Get an incident number and claim from the main contractors insurance. If they don't want to know, take it to the small claims court. You will win. Don't let them f*ck you over.

crack filler
25-09-2011, 06:18 PM
:beerchug:
Call the police mate. Get an incident number and claim from the main contractors insurance. If they don't want to know, take it to the small claims court. You will win. Don't let them f*ck you over.

thanks for the advice mate I will sort this out when I go back to sand.

Steve Gorton good news on your part

E.K Taper
26-09-2011, 04:16 PM
That happened to me last week. i had my own lock up to come in on the monday to find my sander an mikita radio had been pinched. Went through the cctv to find it was the other taper. got my gear back an he got sacked but still makes me boil!

Glad you got your stuff back, Steven but I hoped you kicked the guy up and down the site

E.K Taper
26-09-2011, 04:21 PM
What a week I feel as I have worked for nothing because of my own stupidity, after a long day and not being able to get within 100yds of the house I stupidly "hid" my tools under the stairs, next day dewalt radio,transformer, BTE combo flusher and handle were missing, pretty sure it was another taper as who else would want a flusher but can't prove nothing.
Been doing this long enough to know better but always gone by the rules "YOU DON'T TOUCH A MANS TOOLS." F***ing scum.:mad:

Sorry to hear that ,Crack Filler. Theres no excuse for thieving another man's tools and I hope you get a result claiming off his company, then dish out some sort of revenge on the robbin' scumbag

2buck
27-09-2011, 04:05 AM
yes mate I'm sorry to say it was your neck of the woods at least I know there are some decent people up there, Moore is the rope for me or the thieves I'm a little peed off but I will live to fight another day.

I'm sure moore meant the thieves, but if not, we can all mail him some short rope

That's sucks big time, and like you, I think I would be more pissed about the radio.

But now you got me nervous, today was one of the first time I left some major tools on the job, but we are in a old subdivision, where the rich of the rich live.

I know a lot of builders who don't put locks on the doors no more (till a certain point) they find if they lock them up, the thieves think there's something valuable in there. But if they leave them wide open, they find potential home buyers tend to snoop around instead, which could lead to more sales:D

crack filler
27-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Thanks 2buck sure your stuff will be ok, end of the day just got to take everything with you but it was it was one of those days that when I finished I just wanted to go home not drag my tools across site, lesson learnt for another few years.

wallpaul
27-09-2011, 03:35 PM
just goes to prove there is still dirty f##kers on site with no morals.

moore
28-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Sorry crack filler should have made myself moore clear..I have no tolerance for stealing ,,but stealing a mans radio should be a hanging offense .
Just today I was talking to a taper friend . He said a job he was on ..in [what i call the city] The tapers down the street came on his job,,and pissed in his water cooler ,,then took a razor knife to all the seams/flats ...they were mad cause THEY didn't get the job.. My taper friend Is not a low-baller ,,he's a top notch tradesman ,,that's what got him the job..the vandals were the cut throats ....Talk about no morals..It's beyond me... I don't get it.

Sorry about you tools crack filler..

2buck
28-09-2011, 02:29 AM
Sorry crack filler should have made myself moore clear..I have no tolerance for stealing ,,but stealing a mans radio should be a hanging offense .
Just today I was talking to a taper friend . He said a job he was on ..in [what i call the city] The tapers down the street came on his job,,and pissed in his water cooler ,,then took a razor knife to all the seams/flats ...they were mad cause THEY didn't get the job.. My taper friend Is not a low-baller ,,he's a top notch tradesman ,,that's what got him the job..the vandals were the cut throats ....Talk about no morals..It's beyond me... I don't get it.

Sorry about you tools crack filler..

That's just nuts.
Yes I have heard of tools be stolen on a job before, but for someone to go in and sabotage a job because they did not get it, I can't think of ever hearing that before. Plus to take a razor to that guys work, That just shows it's someone who knew what they were doing, hence, another taper would of had to do it. Are these guys stupid or something, do they expect to build a good name

I take it these weren't good southern boys, or did they come from that southern southern part of North America:p

flemo the trowel
28-09-2011, 09:29 AM
thats bad crack mate its an unwritten rule you dont touch another mans tools no wonder us tapers get bad press all the time when theres people who would do that hope who done it gets what they deserve [what goes around comes around]

crack filler
28-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Moore sorry I really did not think you meant me just messing around, thats mad about your mate, in the old days use to hear a few stories especially when they use to teach taping as a trade in the prisons here, not sure if they still do sure someone on here can tell us. lol

E.K Taper
28-09-2011, 11:04 PM
They used to teach taping in the prisons? How ironic, some tapers I know should GET the jail after seeing their work!

amestaper
29-09-2011, 01:02 PM
they use to teach taping as a trade in the prisons here

Never heard that one before, a jail with plasterboard walls would be a sight to behold.

crack filler
29-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Never heard that one before, a jail with plasterboard walls would be a sight to behold.

I did one in Redditch about 18 to 20 years ago the it was mainly admin and the hospital block we were on, the walls were solid but the ceiling were plasterboard with a metal grill above them, still your right not the brightest of ideas.

2buck
30-09-2011, 03:57 AM
I did one in Redditch about 18 to 20 years ago the it was mainly admin and the hospital block we were on, the walls were solid but the ceiling were plasterboard with a metal grill above them, still your right not the brightest of ideas.
Come on now, just tell the truth, they made you work well you were in prison.......didn't they:sneaky:

crack filler
30-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Come on now, just tell the truth, they made you work well you were in prison.......didn't they:sneaky:

LOL for crimes against taping and impersonating a professional, feels like a life sentence at mo.