PDA

View Full Version : Tape and Joint up to artex.

danUnder
14-12-2011, 02:07 PM
hello Gents, I'm new to this site, good to know like minded people are out there though.

Need a bit of advice, I'm more of a tacker/dryLiner than a jointer but I've done enough to be able to cope with small jobs.

Working for a new builder this week and he wants all new stud partitions tacked then jointed, the problem being that the existing artex ceiling is staying !!! ( I know !!).
I'll board it as neat as possible as always but any ideas on what to do at the joint.
I don't want to upset the guy as I think he'll bring a lot of work my way, but surely I'll have to leave this for the painters won't I ?

TonyM
14-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Keep the boarding tight and let the painters caulk it. If he's not keen on that, run a scrim tape horizontally as tight as possible without lapping on to the ceiling, neatly joint it and finish off each coat by running a wet soft brush along the junction.

......and welcome to the forum.

E.K Taper
14-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Hi welcome to the forum.
Hard to argue with the previous post though! Scrim it up, fill it and finish with a soft wet brush is probably the best way.
Where you based?

danUnder
15-12-2011, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the tips.
I'm in Oxfordshire, do most of my work in Oxon, Berks and Bucks. Anyone else on here local to me ??

Tommy
20-12-2011, 05:35 PM
hi danUnder welcome to the forum

i'm in oxon is well but my work is done south ham ....... area

happytaper
22-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I do a lot of insulated plasterboard adjoining artex ceilings and run the scrim tight and tape it-we call it flattaping i always tell the painters to run a bit of caulk along it to reinforce against cracking at a later stage but they never do (cant blame them really) but wa wondering will this crack overtime hard to say but i guess ill have to caulk them myself when sanding.