PDA

View Full Version : spray units

kentish plasterer
30-12-2011, 09:48 AM
airless spray gear
any one use them on taping and jointing.what are they like to use andy bad spots do's and donts
im looking to buy one and just seeing if any one uses them on level 5 finish
im planning on using it for matt paint inside and paint out side not sand based paint tho
think its a good bit of kit to get in the plastering trade as i can use it on tape and jointing plus outside/inside coatings ??

2buck
02-01-2012, 09:50 PM
airless spray gear
any one use them on taping and jointing.what are thay like to use andy bad spots do's and donts
im looking to buy one and just seeing if any one uses them on level 5 finish
im planeing on useing it for matt paint inside and paint out side not sand based paint tho
think its a good bit of kit to get in the plastering trade as i can use it on tape and jointing pluss outside/inside coatings ??

Fairly normal to use the sprayer for level 5 finish, it's one of the ways to get a level 5. (if that's what a customer wants)

As for taping, I have heard of guys using the sprayer to skim coat (final coat) their flats and butts, but IMO, it's a waste of time.

Weigh in cost of the machine, set up time, it's a 2 man operation to make it viable . A set of boxes makes more sense.

If your going to be doing a lot of level 5 work, or painting, sure ,get a airless , but to use it for taping and jointing, there are better ways IMO

andyR
05-01-2012, 05:38 AM
What u doing talking about level 5 finishes kentish? Those are an american thing, we dont spray 'easifill' over our walls here in uk, we skim em with gypsum. Level 5 is somethng set out by 4 different US and canadian unions/trade assosciations. Ya dont need to worry about it unless yr emigrating!?!

jase hag
05-01-2012, 03:51 PM
you can get a level 5 finish by spraying sheetrock tuffhide, have not tried it yet but heard it gives a good solid finish. hopefully will be using it within the next month. will keep you posted on outcome.