PDA

View Full Version : FibaTape problem

alanwayupnorth
09-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi guys have a question to ask am having bother with Lafarge fibatape wont stick to wall first metre ok after that it falling off at the back off me got a new batch same again ? are they a problem with this product , which is the best fibatape on the market at the moment any feed back would be great many thanks

alan ps new member so hi to all :)

savage
10-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi guys have a question to ask am having bother with Lafarge fibatape wont stick to wall first metre ok after that it falling off at the back off me got a new batch same again ? are they a problem with this product , which is the best fibatape on the market at the moment any feed back would be great many thanks

alan ps new member so hi to all :)

hi alan, welcome to the forum. all makes of fiba tape have their issues from time to time. the cold weather affects some and not others. i am using a batch of walls and ceilings fiba tape at the moment and it sticks fine, even if left for a day or two. be ware of just using any old tape. always get a sample befor you buy any amount. the fiba tape made by fiba tape is ment to be the best but in the end all the brands at some point seem to have their problems. send it back! non sticky tape is a nightmare, worse than bring the wife to work. as a get round you could try spotting a little gear at top and bottom that will prevent total head f#*k

amestaper
10-02-2012, 11:19 AM
This happened regularly in the winter so I figured cold temperatures were the problem. If you have a heater, leave them nearby for a half hour before using as it can re-activate the glue on the scrim and make it sticky again.

Welcome to the site Alan.