PDA

View Full Version : B&Q trade discount card

the_tapeinator
28-04-2009, 03:34 PM
anyone ever had a reward cheque from them?

amestaper
28-04-2009, 04:09 PM
I used it around 18 months ago when there was one nearby a site I was working at, we didn't have a container for storage and I could only get deliveries twice a week so B & Q was handy for emergencies. I did get one cheque a long time ago for a small amount, but I think they now send a monthly statement instead which ends up being shredded.

The application form was forced on us at the trade counter instore, you've got to spend a lot to get little in return and my usual builders merchant is much cheaper. Now I think about it, I get more junk mail than I used to so I wonder if they have anything to do with it?

IMHO Not worth the hassle my friend.

admin
28-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Why don't you go with some old people you know on a Wednesday afternoon? That's OAP discount day.:rolleyes:

the_tapeinator
02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Why don't you go with some old people you know on a Wednesday afternoon? That's OAP discount day.:rolleyes:

I didnt know that and will make sure i avoid wednesdays. I got a monthly statement yesterday stating I had earned a 7 discountbut wont get a cheqe until I spend enought to earn a 50 credit by a certain date. Binned it already so i wont find that out for another month. I think you are right amestaper

JPxTPxMP
07-05-2009, 10:10 AM

Nope!

Davie@ATT
17-03-2010, 05:12 PM
o.a.p discount lol sound good but still would be more expensive than builders merchant

Deck
20-03-2010, 01:38 PM
I only use them when I'm desperate but I have had absolutely nothing from them. Seems a bit of a con judging from the replies so far!

sq ames taper
22-03-2010, 05:44 PM

never had a cheque off them, when the discount card first started you used to get 10% off straight away at the till, which was much better.