PDA

View Full Version : Can you start tomorrow?

admin
30-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Of course the jobs ready to start, I watch Changing Rooms you know?

I bet most of you have turned up all set to start a domestic job and you discover its a complete disaster!

Here's a few scenario's to get you started.

There's no water, no power, no materials, you can't get the whole job done at once and spend the entire day filling small holes and patches instead, the whole family come around to analyse your every move, you were promised by Pinnochio the night before the wallpaper would be stripped, you asked for the furniture to be removed from your work area yet have to spend an hour moving it, dustsheeting and masking everything up, falling over plumbers and electricians, snagging other peoples work, smokey and smelly houses, trying to work around brand new recently fitted kitchens and bathrooms. I could go on...

Any comments?

amestaper
01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
All of them and I've heard a few people mention "My neighbour said he can do it for 50 quid". I know a painting contractor who had to redecorate a job in Edinburgh after the Changing Rooms TV crew had been around. It looked good on non HD telly but absolutely shocking up close, the lady was in tears.

the_tapeinator
02-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Currently attempting to plaster 2 rooms on domestic job you couldn't swing a cat in, rooms are being used as stores by the plumbers, electricians and joiners. No problem, we will come back as soon as they move all there gear from the areas we've to work in.