PDA

View Full Version : Would you do it?

Captain perfect
25-04-2012, 08:44 PM
I have been asked today if I am interested in taping 4 units urgent, rush job etc. Prob no power so have to run a genny.

boarded by others, 40 miles from home so 80 miles per day.

Been asked to supply gear for the grand sum of 2.20 per M !!!!

When I enquired how much the tackers were getting so I could judge the standard of boarding, the contracts manager didn't know.

We pay more than this labour only.

chester
25-04-2012, 08:55 PM
add 1 mile for your derv .

amestaper
25-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Nope, not even with a pound a mile or per metre added.

TonyM
25-04-2012, 09:15 PM
No, but I know boys that would. :(

Captain perfect
25-04-2012, 09:20 PM
They were politely told that those rates the van will not move of the drive.

Problem is there are peeps out there who will ''smash '' out these jobs & then a making good man will pick up the mess.

The next project we are waiting on has been put back a good few months, I can manage OK but I fear we may lose a few good workers if we can't keep them busy.

DMC
26-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Nope wouldnt touch it for that money.

Beermonster
26-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I have been asked today if I am interested in taping 4 units urgent, rush job etc. Prob no power so have to run a genny.

boarded by others, 40 miles from home so 80 miles per day.

Been asked to supply gear for the grand sum of 2.20 per M !!!!

When I enquired how much the tackers were getting so I could judge the standard of boarding, the contracts manager didn't know.
Tell him thanx but no thanx! Unless u r just trying 2 keep ur guys in work!! 2.20 is not very good but it can b done just skip a coat! But if ur a fiba tape man then a fast set then finish should b fine!
Sorry just read the rest of the post!!!:o

E.K Taper
30-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Tell him thanx but no thanx! Unless u r just trying 2 keep ur guys in work!! 2.20 is not very good but it can b done just skip a coat! But if ur a fiba tape man then a fast set then finish should b fine!
Sorry just read the rest of the post!!!:o

Tut Tut, Beermonster! Skip a coat? How very dare you!! A man of your caliber shouldn't be talking like that, have you no pride??:lmao:
Seriously though, I do agree Capt P shouldnt lower himself to do the job for those rates:nono:

Captain perfect
30-04-2012, 10:25 PM
They would be lucky if I fire taped it for those prices :D

As luck would have it just got the go ahead for a insurance job. A house which had a burst pipe in January, finally dried out & ready for
boarding & full re dec.

Sweet

Beermonster
01-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Tut Tut, Beermonster! Skip a coat? How very dare you!! A man of your caliber shouldn't be talking like that, have you no pride??:lmao:
Seriously though, I do agree Capt P shouldnt lower himself to do the job for those rates:nono:

Have not done 3 coats for a long time now E.K!!! I use that proset stuff with the 8 box and 12 box with whatever iam using at the time 2 finish!!
Works great that proset dosn't sink much at all!:p
And its paper tape i use!!;)