PDA

View Full Version : flex sander problem

chester
25-04-2012, 09:36 PM
i have a flex connected to makita wet/dry vac . the problem is its throwing dust when sanding i have took the hose off at the sanding head and their plenty of suction . can any of you lads shed some light why its throwing dust ?

Captain perfect
25-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Some times they feel like they are sucking hard but they aint [ bit like my missus]

Give it a good blow out with a air line including the hose & filter, normally does the trick.

TonyM
Check the ribbed hose at the head for holes.

crack filler
Is the dust coming from the Hoover or from the sander. Is it a new sander or could the brush skirt be worn down. Are you using dust bags. How often do you clean the filter. All these things can effect it

belmoreboy
27-04-2012, 08:29 AM
i have a flex connected to makita wet/dry vac . the problem is its throwing dust when sanding i have took the hose off at the sanding head and their plenty of suction . can any of you lads shed some light why its throwing dust ?

Sounds like you need a new brush skirt on the head

http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Brush_Skirt.html

amestaper
27-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Sounds like you need a new brush skirt on the head

Thats exactly what fixed our problem. When you use a sander almost daily you don't notice brushes wearing down until a new set is fitted. New bags and filters would also make it suck the brass off a doorknob.

chester
28-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Thats exactly what fixed our problem. When you use a sander almost daily you don't notice brushes wearing down until a new set is fitted. New bags and filters would also make it suck the brass off a doorknob. new bag and filter on order should get it next week sometime will see if that sorts it first if not new brushes . thanks lads