PDA

View Full Version : Red Diamond 90 Inside Applicator

Shiva
15-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Hey Guys .. Just wondering if anyone has used this and can give me any info on it

http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Red_Diamond_90__Inside_Applicator.html

Is it Compatable with a normal Inside Applicator ( 7" Corner Box ) ?
Does it Leave a Nice Coat on the Internals for applying Paper by Hand ?
What consistency of Finish do you need to use .. ?

.. At the Moment im using a Lambswool internel corner roller and sticking the papertape on by hand but its quite time consuming . I also tried coating the internals with the Butterfly ( Anglehead ) Turned Backwards , This semed to do the job not too ad till i hit a screw head and now its Broke lol.

Thanks Again Guys

crack filler
15-05-2012, 08:37 PM
The people I know who use these love them but they use it with a mud tube. The consistency they use is prob the same as your thin internal mix.
Im going to give the homax banjo with the creaser wheel a go so will give my opinion in a couple weeks

Shiva
16-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Looks like a really nice tool The Homax Banjo . I think the only thing that stops me buying it is the fact you need to cut the tape with your blade . Looks like a pain in the A$$.
Im really thinkin of buyin the Red Diamond 90 Inside Applicator but i dont wanna have to buy the MudTube as well .. Im quite Short ( 5".5 ) and im now used to my Extendable Applicator : D . Looking forward to your Review Crack Filler .Thx again for teh Reply ; )

Beermonster
17-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Looks like a really nice tool The Homax Banjo . I think the only thing that stops me buying it is the fact you need to cut the tape with your blade . Looks like a pain in the A$$.
Im really thinkin of buyin the Red Diamond 90 Inside Applicator but i dont wanna have to buy the MudTube as well .. Im quite Short ( 5".5 ) and im now used to my Extendable Applicator : D . Looking forward to your Review Crack Filler .Thx again for teh Reply ; )
Homax is a good tool u can fire on tapes petty quick with it! Yea u have 2 cut the tape with your blade but after u get into it it all good,u will b surprised how quick u can string some tape! I only use it with fast set on small jobs.

crack filler
17-05-2012, 09:24 PM
hiya shiva have you thought of trying this704

Shiva
18-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Hrmm . Loks like it might Actually do the job lol..Is that from Belmore Tools crack filler ?

Is it " Tapetech Mud Head 90 Degree Inside Corner " . Can see it on teh Belmore website but its got no visible picture ?

crack filler
18-05-2012, 02:15 PM
yes mate thats the one

Shiva
18-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Thx for teh Reply Crackfiller . Have you used the " Tapetech Mud Head 90 Degree Inside Corner " . ?? Does it fit on a 7" Applicator /?

Im just lookin for somthin to fill teh internals quicker than snowballing them .

Thx Again ; )

Beermonster
18-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Thx for teh Reply Crackfiller . Have you used the " Tapetech Mud Head 90 Degree Inside Corner " . ?? Does it fit on a 7" Applicator /?

Im just lookin for somthin to fill teh internals quicker than snowballing them .

Thx Again ; )
R u speaking about a 7 corner box? If u r yea that will snap on there no probs!

Shiva
18-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Excellent !! Thx BeerMonster . Have you Tried either of these Tools ? . Had my wee heart set on the Red Diamond But lookin at Mud Head i could be persuaded to change my mind lol
Thx for teh Reply ; )

Beermonster
18-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Excellent !! Thx BeerMonster . Have you Tried either of these Tools ? . Had my wee heart set on the Red Diamond But lookin at Mud Head i could be persuaded to change my mind lol
Thx for teh Reply ; )
I have 1 but never used it but I have used the outside 1 with a corner box and works great!i use outo tools most of the time but the homax is a great tool after u get the hang of it.

wallpaul
20-05-2012, 11:54 AM
let me know if this works with your corner box shiva.
Hrmm . Loks like it might Actually do the job lol..Is that from Belmore Tools crack filler ?

Is it " Tapetech Mud Head 90 Degree Inside Corner " . Can see it on teh Belmore website but its got no visible picture ?

klhplaster
21-05-2012, 08:58 AM

cutting the tape is easy after a couple of goes. homax banjo and creaser wheel is great value. very good video on youtube by precision taping if you want to see them in action

belmoreboy
21-05-2012, 09:40 AM
http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Internal_Applicator_Heads.html This one by columbia is a bit cheaper and does the same job, in theory the red diamond would work as it fits on any of the corner boxes out there. The homax and delko creaser is selling like crazy! what a great tool it is too! very simple and easy to use and very few parts to go wrong.

Brian S
21-05-2012, 06:10 PM
let me know if this works with your corner box shiva.

Thats all I've ever used, Mud head internal 90 and corner box, works a treat

Shiva
21-05-2012, 11:30 PM
http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Internal_Applicator_Heads.html This one by columbia is a bit cheaper and does the same job, in theory the red diamond would work as it fits on any of the corner boxes out there. The homax and delko creaser is selling like crazy! what a great tool it is too! very simple and easy to use and very few parts to go wrong.

Im sending my Butterfly (Angle Head )in for repair Belmoreboy so ill get this while you have the butterfly and you can send em both back at the same time : D

Thx .

Davie@ATT
15-06-2012, 09:28 PM
red devil is a great lile tool mate you need the mudtube for speed though and ideally a 2man squad one rolling mud other placing tapes and beding in then flush off/buterfly
had mine couple year he only prob is the wheels wear down after 6month-year and are stiff for first house. 2men can internal a decent sized 4bedromm hous in abt 2hour ish.
just make sure your mix is righ or youll have arms like popeye or it pissn all over floor.