PDA

View Full Version : 12 " box only

forestbhoy
16-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Does depend on the boarding,but has anyone else just used a 12 " box straight on the filler,coating both ways......comes out a treat ...is quicker than a thick 10/tight 12....but to be honest, doesn't use any less material really.....

Just really handy, if pushed, to get it done in 2 days.....give a night for the filler to dry and the thick 12 " will suck in the same as a thick 10 would do....

I do find lafarge shrinks less than bg,so easier to do.....

sq ames taper
16-06-2012, 09:49 PM
I personally wouldn't 12" on top of 1 coat of fast set but if pushed for drying time i would '' double fast set" & 12''its a catch 22 at the moment, tapers are trying to get houses taped as quick as possible due to shite prices but the standard has to be good or you end up getting re- charged

forestbhoy
16-06-2012, 10:23 PM
No...the job is good,or else we would get done.....leave the filling tight and thick and even on the cross joints,it's no more than on 4 on the box......do the straights on about 2 ... sand with 150 grit using lafarge and bobs yer uncle.......like i said .....does depend on the boarding.....

Hand on heart, been doing this shit way too long,this isn't a compromise.....it works fine....

Like i said, depends on the boarding, but it comes out fine.....not just rough enough to get away with....good

E.K Taper
17-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Does depend on the boarding,but has anyone else just used a 12 " box straight on the filler,coating both ways......comes out a treat ...is quicker than a thick 10/tight 12....but to be honest, doesn't use any less material really.....

Just really handy, if pushed, to get it done in 2 days.....give a night for the filler to dry and the thick 12 " will suck in the same as a thick 10 would do....

I do find lafarge shrinks less than bg,so easier to do.....
******Time-Saver Alert!!!!!*****
How long do you wait between 12"coats ? Is it a case of doing it one way then boxing the other way immediately?
cheers

Beermonster
18-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Never use my 10 now!
8 box with proset then 12 finish and job done!
But i take it u r using fiba which makes no odds really as 1 hand coat fastset and a 12 is perfect! Been using arrow joint cement and that stuff dont sink!

forestbhoy
18-06-2012, 04:32 PM
******Time-Saver Alert!!!!!*****
How long do you wait between 12"coats ? Is it a case of doing it one way then boxing the other way immediately?
cheers

Yes, just come staight back on yourself. I find if what i call cheese( like the aero bubbles ) happens, just coming back the other way gets rid and in that second or two drying you can get a slightly thicker coat....like i said you need good boarding.....next house try a ceiling in a back bedroom...it got 2 chances...;)

forestbhoy
18-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Never use my 10 now!
8 box with proset then 12 finish and job done!
But i take it u r using fiba which makes no odds really as 1 hand coat fastset and a 12 is perfect! Been using arrow joint cement and that stuff dont sink!

Yes do use fiba and haven't used that arrow for years,it is lovely though,sands a treat as well....not just me with the 12 then...lol

Tommy
18-06-2012, 10:19 PM
lol i use BG end only joint filler by hand then q sand 12 box