PDA

View Full Version : Gypsum metal tape

DMC
03-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Has anyone had any trouble with the new gypsum metal edge tape? House i did several months ago has a few blown edges at the windows, looks like it has been squeezed top and bottom to blow in the middle, looked fine at the time, now not so much. :banghead:

big g
04-07-2012, 06:53 PM
hi dmc,i get it now and again with the wondertex flex,makes it look as if tapers not done his job right,im sure its all got to be made at the same place,too much of a coincidence for different brands too have same problem.

sq ames taper
05-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Has anyone had any trouble with the new gypsum metal edge tape? House i did several months ago has a few blown edges at the windows, looks like it has been squeezed top and bottom to blow in the middle, looked fine at the time, now not so much. :banghead:

happened to me today, metal tape bowed out ? put plenty fast set behind it and looked fine when it was first done but came in this morning and it was a mess,, gyproc metal tape btw

Beermonster
06-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Its all crap now thats for sure!
Gyproc is not the same as wondertex as the wondertex is a lot thicker metal! I found with the wondertex that the further u got down the roll it got all f*cked up!!!
I got some arrow corner flex and its about the best i have seen in a long time and they make at their place so if its not good at least u can go straight 2 the manafacturer!

DMC
06-07-2012, 07:26 PM
happened to me today, metal tape bowed out ? put plenty fast set behind it and looked fine when it was first done but came in this morning and it was a mess,, gyproc metal tape btw

Thank fook its not just me then.

crack filler
06-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I've had before but the tape was coming out the box bent. I cut a small v to sort the problem, or would have wasted a day taking it back.

E.K Taper
07-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Its all crap now thats for sure!
Gyproc is not the same as wondertex as the wondertex is a lot thicker metal! I found with the wondertex that the further u got down the roll it got all f*cked up!!!
I got some arrow corner flex and its about the best i have seen in a long time and they make at their place so if its not good at least u can go straight 2 the manafacturer!
I've found that too BM, a bit of a pain when you've got enough tape for the las 2 upright beads and they come out all bent!

Singing jointer
07-07-2012, 06:10 PM
I had this problem about a year ago ! Slight kinks in the metal! I then discovered that one of the words on the back of the box was spelt wrong! I think it was "snips " so I assume the supplier had given us copies ( if there is such a thing ) or just a bad batch ... Not only did they replace the order but also paid for labour for any that had been fixed that had started blowing

E.K Taper
08-07-2012, 11:12 AM
is this the new gyproc metal tape we´re talking about by the way? The stuff that feels too flimsy to be any good? It actually is good but i remember the old Gyproc tape went belly up a couple of years ago and they lost countless customers cos of it , my contractor included. Cant believe they let it happen AGAIN!

Singing jointer
08-07-2012, 11:44 AM
is this the new gyproc metal tape we´re talking about by the way? The stuff that feels too flimsy to be any good? It actually is good but i remember the old Gyproc tape went belly up a couple of years ago and they lost countless customers cos of it , my contractor included. Cant believe they let it happen AGAIN!
For me the new tape is fine but thinking about it it probably was closer to 2 years ago now

DMC
08-07-2012, 07:25 PM

Yeah its the new stuff. Have spoken to a few tapers that are having the same trouble again. Its way to thin, look at it the wrong way and it blows

E.K Taper
09-07-2012, 01:21 AM
The old Gypsum metal tape was the dogs bollox, rigid as f*ck, they made a big mistake switching to Chinese materials

wallpaul
09-07-2012, 12:31 PM
The old Gypsum metal tape was the dogs bollox, rigid as f*ck, they made a big mistake switching to Chinese materials
how very true.

DMC
09-07-2012, 05:21 PM

Amen to that

stelf
04-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Try Rola Metal Corner tape. Never heard a complaint about it yet...

E.K Taper
04-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Well here's one....... it's sh!t:middlefinger:

No offence................