PDA

View Full Version : how busy are you?

the_tapeinator
08-05-2009, 08:12 PM
how are you guys doing?

the_tapeinator
08-05-2009, 08:25 PM
things are far from normal but have managed a full working week the last 4 weeks in a row for first time in bout 6 months

TonyM
09-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Still on 6 days a week, and then some. Could work tomorrow (Sunday) but i'm tired.

amestaper
10-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Worked 4 days last week. Booked up for the next 2 and 1/2 weeks on 3 small jobs and currently discussing the possibilities of some contract work in Scotland and Southern Spain with 2 UK entreprenaurs (did I spell that right?)

bdcbv
11-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Sitting on my backside waitng for the phone to ring due to a job held back another week. I hate it when that happens:( Outside painting work to get on with at least its dry and warm.

naughtyboy
15-05-2009, 07:00 AM
just cant compete on price anymore. painting contractors i used to work with are absorbing a net loss of 200 to 300 per house on a site just to keep there men on the books and stay busy. this is getting ugly

wolfy379
13-07-2009, 04:28 PM
how are you guys doing?
im in the midlands and ive got fuck all, none of my contacts have got anything, its shit ,never known its so bad, had to go too see about dole , as got 2 kids and no work, means no money, its the first time in 10 yrs had no work, hopefully it will pick up soon

amestaper
13-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Not good that you've no work on. I was unwilling at first, but got shot of all the slow payers, started working on my own again, and changed from site work to smaller contracts and it's been the best decision I made as I know it helped me stay afloat. I keep all the taping work that comes in and give away a couple of plastering or painting jobs a month cos I cant manage it all. I sometimes get their overspill taping in return as a thanks. :fing02:

I really believe if you help other people achieve what they want, then they are more willing and able to try their hardest and help you out the shit when everything turns pearshaped around you.

Was that lead I sent you any good?

wolfy379
13-07-2009, 07:11 PM
I gave him a bell and he took my no , but he didn't have anything at the moment, thanks for that

amestaper
13-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Only work contact I had in your area, if I meet up with any others I will bear you in mind wolfy. Hope you find something soon.

admin
10-11-2009, 09:57 AM
For some of the newer members who might not have seen this topic. Would you like to cast a vote or make a comment?

Are circumstances any better or worse than they were six months ago?

wolfy379
10-11-2009, 11:20 AM
still no work, done couple of days in last few weeks, still shit, working in factory 2 to 10 just to get by, its unreal, wat a shit country we live in:mad:

amestaper
10-11-2009, 12:47 PM
I managed 4 days last week and two jobs I had chalked in for this week are both held up. (One due to missing in action joiners and the other due to new floors being laid) I may as well buy the new Call of Duty game and play that instead this week. :banghead:

herbert
10-11-2009, 06:59 PM
In the moment we are very busy have job in london commercial and each weekend we do houses for ouer old contractors becouse housing is allways busey in november net profit is less and we think in yanuary and februari
it will slow down again sorry about spelling