PDA

View Full Version : Roll plough with machine

forestbhoy
19-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Borrowed my mates roll plough a few months back and used it with the taping machine.It was quicker,but because i use a runny mix,esp this time of year,mess went all down the walls.Have only seen hand tapers use these as they can dictate how much muck goes on to bed the tape in.Was my mix just too runny....?
Be interested to hear of any machine tapers out there that use one and give me a few pointers,just don't want to cough up a few bob and find it's a waste of time...cheers.

By the way this is the boy.......http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/3__Combo_Flusher.html

Beermonster
20-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Borrowed my mates roll plough a few months back and used it with the taping machine.It was quicker,but because i use a runny mix,esp this time of year,mess went all down the walls.Have only seen hand tapers use these as they can dictate how much muck goes on to bed the tape in.Was my mix just too runny....?
Be interested to hear of any machine tapers out there that use one and give me a few pointers,just don't want to cough up a few bob and find it's a waste of time...cheers.

By the way this is the boy.......http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/3__Combo_Flusher.html

I could have sold u 1 of them for half the new price!
I got 1 but didn't take 2 the thing!! Better with the roller and finisher!

mcfc
23-07-2012, 09:20 PM
I could have sold u 1 of them for half the new price!
I got 1 but didn't take 2 the thing!! Better with the roller and finisher!

Hi I use a rolplow with a mudrunner,wouldnt use anything else.I bought a bte combo flusher but couldnt get on with it so imported another rolplow. Think it depends what gear you use as well, i am using gtec smartmix extra at the mo and it is very messy but if i thicken it then i end up with bubbles,arrow works atreat no mess! beermonster if you still want to sell yours let me know please or swap for a bte 3" combo flusher

Beermonster
24-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Hi I use a rolplow with a mudrunner,wouldnt use anything else.I bought a bte combo flusher but couldnt get on with it so imported another rolplow. Think it depends what gear you use as well, i am using gtec smartmix extra at the mo and it is very messy but if i thicken it then i end up with bubbles,arrow works atreat no mess! beermonster if you still want to sell yours let me know please or swap for a bte 3" combo flusher

I think mine might b a BTE combo!!!

forestbhoy
18-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Right brought one about 3 weeks ago and we are still breaking each other in lol. Got the mix about right now and it is quicker. Still speed to be gained, but would say go for it to anyone who has not used one. Not as good a coat as roll and plough, but tapes do dry quicker. Thicker coat on finishing off seems to take the same time to dry as with previous method ,because the tapes are more dryer to start with. I use a 3" roll plough with a 3" head following and had no probs on the finish, so dont waste money on a 3.5" head.