PDA

View Full Version : Mudrunner

TonyM
08-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Me and Jase used his Mudrunner today for the first time. It's been in his gym for a good 3-4 yrs and never been used. What a fcuking mess we made. Anybody coming in would've thought that a herd of babies had dived in the Smartmix and rolled around the place. Going to try the Homax banjo tomorrow. Think i'll wear a wetsuit. The Mudrunner is now for sale. Contact Jase Hag if you are interested.

krispie
09-10-2012, 04:27 AM
Me and Jase used his Mudrunner today for the first time. It's been in his gym for a good 3-4 yrs and never been used. What a fucking mess we made. Anybody coming in would've thought that a herd of babies had dived in the Smartmix and rolled around the place. Going to try the Homax banjo tomorrow. Think i'll wear a wetsuit. The Mudrunner is now for sale. Contact Jase Hag if you are interested.

Hahahaha, that was me also the first time I used a mud tube, ambushed by a very large flock of diarrhetic albatross I was. However, with great stubborness and a little perserverance it is proving to be a little honey. The black magic aside from the type of mud itself is the viscosity and little more. Oh and you have to hold your tongue just right.

Beermonster
11-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Me and Jase used his Mudrunner today for the first time. It's been in his gym for a good 3-4 yrs and never been used. What a fucking mess we made. Anybody coming in would've thought that a herd of babies had dived in the Smartmix and rolled around the place. Going to try the Homax banjo tomorrow. Think i'll wear a wetsuit. The Mudrunner is now for sale. Contact Jase Hag if you are interested.

What were u doing with the runner that it ended up with all the mess?:confused:
I have 1 i use for finishing angles with a 2.5 finisher and its great!!:p

TonyM
11-10-2012, 10:11 PM

Using a mud head for internals. My Apla-tech Canon holds more, you don't have to piss the mud down and is much quicker.

jase hag
12-10-2012, 05:13 AM
How thick do you have your mud?

Beermonster
12-10-2012, 05:27 AM
It depends on the mud that iam using! Promix is crap and needs 2 b thin! Knauf lite does not need 2 b 2 thin!(Have u tried it yet?) U would b surprised how good that stuff is!U get away with 2 boxing 8/12 with that stuff no probs! If using sheetrock i have started mixing the green lid with blue which doesn't need 2 b that thin either! And mixing the 2 u get some very nice filler thats a bit harder than the blue itself! Cant remember lafarge as its been so long!!

Singing jointer
12-10-2012, 04:29 PM
You can expect a fair amount of mess from the banjo at first as well I'm afraid :(

TonyM
12-10-2012, 07:30 PM
The mess from the banjo was only on my hands from placing the start of tape on the wall and getting cabbed up while cutting the tape.

As for trying Knauf or Sheetrock mud, that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

crack filler
12-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Hiya tony saw Richard Perks (think you know him) use one a few months ago thought it was an amazing tool. But also heard that about the banjo and gave it half an hour and threw it

TonyM
12-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Hiya tony saw Richard Perks (think you know him) use one a few months ago thought it was an amazing tool. But also heard that about the banjo and gave it half an hour and threw it
Yes mate, I know Richard. He does a lot for SMS. You didn't rate the banjo then Steve?

crack filler
13-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Yes mate, I know Richard. He does a lot for SMS. You didn't rate the banjo then Steve?

Didn't really give it enough time, I could see it working but really struggled to cut it, I was fine on long runs but for little bits above doors or in cupboards I struggled and got annoyed with it. Also didn't like how dry it left it as the way I do it at the moment gives it a first coat.