PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable Vacuum 7812

Dillon
13-10-2012, 01:38 PM
I have a porter cable Vacuum 7812 and I am looking for the best/cheapest place to get some replacement Bags and filters, also do any other make of bags fit like Henry etc.

Can any one advise please.

belmoreboy
15-10-2012, 09:02 AM
http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Dust_Extractor_Spares.html

Dillon
15-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Thank you Mr Belmore I have seen your link and have used your shop, I think these bags are over priced and was realy looking for something cheaper, I mean a bag for a Henry for example is conciderably less, probably because it doesnt come from the USA. Please understand Im NOT having a dig at your prices they are what they are I was just wondering if ther was an alternative less expencive option.

crack filler
15-10-2012, 10:35 PM
I made a bag for my Hoover with a pillow case some iron on Velcro and the plastic bit from an old Hoover bag. Also a blunt end pair of scissors and a blue Peter badge as one member once mentioned.

Dillon
16-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Thanks for that Im trying this right now except I use a cable tie, guess I dont get a blue peter badge or a kiss from petra.

Plymouth hmm I wonder if we have met ???

crack filler
16-10-2012, 05:01 PM
hiya mate the cable tie thing dose'nt really work.

where abouts are you from mate and who have you been working for.

Dillon
16-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Ive worked for them all and dont like any of them ;) why dont the cable tie thing work.

crack filler
17-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Ive worked for them all and dont like any of them ;) why dont the cable tie thing work.
Suppose I should rephrase that cable tie will work but think its a lot of hassle. With using a pillow case it does get a bit dusty compared with bags and you really need to empty after every rub down. I will try and post a picture of my bag. (No filth intended)

Dillon
17-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks after chatting to another taper on site today he showed me how he converted his vacuum to take Henry bags which are a lot cheaper and you can get re useable ones too which I have ordered tonight. I'll let you know how the conversion goes.

southern jointer
17-11-2012, 09:06 PM
With all respect to Belmoreboy the last time I bought bags from him they lasted for about a house and a half when rubbing down, all 5 of them (just kept splitting) !!! When using the original Porter Cable bags, I can sand 10 flats with 1 bag.

Dillon
17-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Just to add to this I bought a re usable bag with a zip to empty from ebay for a fiver then foung a bit of plastic pipe the righ Diameter, glued it into the bag and its a nice push fit into the vacuum. Jobs a good un

Dillon
16-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Ok heres a story about my Porter cable vacuum, A while ago it got very noisey all of a sudden like, I just thought it was on its way out, after all its 14yrs old. Any way its still noise and still going and sucking well But the power cable is splitting where it goes through the cassing so I decide to fix it :rolleyes: so I find a schemtic and open the casing up and out falls this little black component which turns out to be a circuit board transformer which has 4 little pins sticking out 2 of which are broken off (bollox). Now I thought this had just happened and the vacuum is now knackered untill I get a replacement, can I find one can I bugger its looking like I will have to buy the whole circuit board which is 100 from the USA. I have emailed about 20 electrical distributers world wide trying to find this part which is only going to be like 5 and am waiting for a reply meanwhile im vacuumless.

Then the penny drops The reason the vacuum got louder all those months ago was because thats when the transformer dropped off and so making the motor run on 110v instead of the 18v that the transformer reduces it to, Talk about Turbo Suction :D Im supprised it hasnt gone Bang.

So Im going to put it back together without the transformer and use it as I have been doing untill I can find one then I will put it back the way it should be.

Question is does any one know where I can get a Hahn circuit board transformer BV EI 303 2537 or its equilivant.

Thats it WAKE UP WAKE UP im finnished