PDA

View Full Version : Phones

Dillon
11-11-2012, 05:16 PM
We all know T&Jointing is a messy game, I have destroyed several touch screen phones with the ingress of dust, currently I have a Samsung solid and its been fine for the last 2yrs. I am now getting a Galaxy s3 and I was going to keep it off site and just divert the calls to my solid but a guy in the phone shop said if I get one of these Otterbox defender cases it will be fine.

Do any of you use a smart phone on site and how do you get on with it.

crack filler
11-11-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm on my second iPhone and no problems. Upgraded my last one after 2 years was on its last legs but think any phone would have been

TonyM
11-11-2012, 06:32 PM
I have a Motorola Defy with an Otterbox case. The phone is a robust touchscreen phone. I've had it nearly 2 years without a screen protector and it is unmarked. It's been dropped off scaffold towers and I even stamped on it one day because the screen froze, but it's still fine. Getting an iphone 5 in a couple of weeks with an Otterbox case. Otterbox is good kit.
I have a brand new Samsung solid in my desk which I bought for work but it's just too basic and no good for taking decent pictures of my work. My girls do use it when they do their D of E trekking weekends though.

forestbhoy
11-11-2012, 06:46 PM
The cheapest nokia i can get(10).If it buggers up i buy a new one for 10.When i have time to send/look at e-mails or surf the internet is the time i stop earing money.Phone calls about work and text from the kids to say i love you is all i want.IT'S A PHONE...We do a shit job...it get arsed with the dust etc....

E.K Taper
11-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Yup, couldnt agree more! I go thru 3 phones a year, the dust just kills them! Blow thru the charger bit and you'll get a cloud of dust that would choke a horse:)

Dillon
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Yup, couldnt agree more! I go thru 3 phones a year, the dust just kills them! Blow thru the charger bit and you'll get a cloud of dust that would choke a horse:)

Get the samsung Solid they stay the course but as said thay are very basic.

Interesting comments guys Thanks

forestbhoy
11-11-2012, 07:23 PM
The cheapest nokia i can get(10).If it buggers up i buy a new one for 10.When i have time to send/look at e-mails or surf the internet is the time i stop earing money.Phone calls about work and text from the kids to say i love you is all i want.IT'S A PHONE...We do a shit job...it get arsed with the dust etc....

If i Tim and a Hun can agree then there must be something in it....;)

E.K Taper
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM
If i Tim and a Hun can agree then there must be something in it....;)

Haha, it wont last!!!

Dillon
12-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Sat here in my digs My new S3 arives in the morning betweeen 8-10, dont think I'll be taking it to work untill this bullit proof case arives, even then I might go with my original plan and divert calls to my old phone when Im at work.

E.K Taper
12-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Get the samsung Solid they stay the course but as said thay are very basic.

Interesting comments guys Thanks

The Samsung Solid, Bomb Proof, as described here!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-GT-B2710-Solid-Immerse-Noir-Black-Unlocked-Mobile-Phone-BARGAIN-99p-/330827628050?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item4d06dcfe12

Dillon
12-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Bargain if you can get it for 99p they are great for work, I use mine with the ear phones and radio on all day its a good tool.

DMC
13-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Been using a samsung galaxy ace for 2 years without any trouble at all.

sq ames taper
13-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I have a Motorola Defy with an Otterbox case. The phone is a robust touchscreen phone. I've had it nearly 2 years without a screen protector and it is unmarked. It's been dropped off scaffold towers and I even stamped on it one day because the screen froze, but it's still fine. Getting an iphone 5 in a couple of weeks with an Otterbox case. Otterbox is good kit.I have a brand new Samsung solid in my desk which I bought for work but it's just too basic and no good for taking decent pictures of my work. My girls do use it when they do their D of E trekking weekends though.Is that the one with the shatter proof screen? Because mine shattered within a month, the screen freezes all the time, sometimes it wont let me answer calls etc in short the worst phone i've ever had.

TonyM
13-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Is that the one with the shatter proof screen? Because mine shattered within a month, the screen freezes all the time, sometimes it wont let me answer calls etc in short the worst phone i've ever had.

That's the one. My screen is fine, my wife has the same phone and broke her screen. Mine has just started freezing regularly but as said it is nearly two years old.