PDA

View Full Version : blue boxes???

scottyboy
17-11-2012, 10:16 AM
hi all .i am new here so if this is in the wrong place sorry .just starting to get together some jointing tools done a little over the years but never everyday and as i am not getting any younger i am going to do it full time when i get a full set of tools.i have been offered a 10 inch and 12 inch box both of which are blue and look like brand new hardly any use the are anodised but no markings only serial numbers what make are they? and are they any good also been offered 3inch corner tool 150 for the 3 but no handles is this ok?and i can get a bazooka tape tech one for 350 is this a good price ? thanks :)

big g
17-11-2012, 12:39 PM
hi all .i am new here so if this is in the wrong place sorry .just starting to get together some jointing tools done a little over the years but never everyday and as i am not getting any younger i am going to do it full time when i get a full set of tools.i have been offered a 10 inch and 12 inch box both of which are blue and look like brand new hardly any use the are anodised but no markings only serial numbers what make are they? and are they any good also been offered 3inch corner tool 150 for the 3 but no handles is this ok?and i can get a bazooka tape tech one for 350 is this a good price ? thanks :)
hey scottyboy,if its the blue boxes i think, they will be speed tape ones, dont go near them,bloody murder trying to get a job of them,i take it corner tool is a butterfly,for that price would have to be nearly new or little used,and tapetech bazooka would cost about a grand new,so as long as its in right good condition should be alright.as for boxes,i use speed tape gold ones and their fine but blue ones are put together differently and are poor.

amestaper
17-11-2012, 02:44 PM
You shouldnt presume all blue boxes are made by Speedtape, I think Goldblatt manufacture theirs and i didnt like them either. I have a blue 8" box from Premier Drywall in my toolkit and its a great box. Its over 20 years old and I prefer it to the other branded boxes.

http://www.all-wall.com/Categories/BlueLine-Flat-Box-Parts/

http://www.fantastictools.com/p-1197-blueline-flat-box.aspx

forestbhoy
18-11-2012, 11:32 AM
You shouldnt presume all blue boxes are made by Speedtape, I think Goldblatt manufacture theirs and i didnt like them either. I have a blue 8" box from Premier Drywall in my toolkit and its a great box. Its over 20 years old and I prefer it to the other branded boxes.

http://www.all-wall.com/Categories/BlueLine-Flat-Box-Parts/

http://www.fantastictools.com/p-1197-blueline-flat-box.aspx

Still got my old premier machine and both 10 and 12 boxes in the shed.Your right, it's real good kit.

scottyboy
18-11-2012, 11:48 AM
hey scottyboy,if its the blue boxes i think, they will be speed tape ones, dont go near them,bloody murder trying to get a job of them,i take it corner tool is a butterfly,for that price would have to be nearly new or little used,and tapetech bazooka would cost about a grand new,so as long as its in right good condition should be alright.as for boxes,i use speed tape gold ones and their fine but blue ones are put together differently and are poor.
its 150 for the corner tool and the boxes or 500 with the bazooka just no handles .

forestbhoy
18-11-2012, 03:37 PM
its 150 for the corner tool and the boxes or 500 with the bazooka just no handles .

If they are in decent nick,it doesn't sound too bad a deal to me...

scottyboy
18-11-2012, 04:39 PM
they look brand new tbh

big g
18-11-2012, 06:44 PM
does sound ok,but check out the boxes with link ames put on,they are same colour but look different from speedtape,trust me speedtape blue boxes are very poor.

chad
27-11-2012, 11:18 PM
speed tape boxes are no good with their plactic holders etc.. bazooka price is nice (check it go see it if u can) i i've 3 " inch Tapetech cornner finisher (just the head) and can add to it speed tape handle with it for about 100 pm if intrested

E.K Taper
27-11-2012, 11:32 PM
If it wasn't 4 weeks till Christmas, I'd be interested myself mate!

belmoreboy
28-11-2012, 12:10 PM
be good to see a pic if you have one - some of the later stp pro boxes came with brass blade holders