PDA

View Full Version : First Time tape and jointing wall and ceiling... woohoo!!

dougie212
09-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Hey there

Well.. Firstly thankyou to everyone in the know on here...!! I recently undertook a nerve racking but really exciting DIY task of pulling down some bad.. no BAD ceilings in my living room and dining room and re installing tapered edge boards and taping and filling them...

I found this place the single best source of information and expert advice and having done both ceilings and a wall have everyone here to thank. I am so pleased with the end result!!.. Having never tried it before, i was a little apprehensive but job done I am chuffed...!

Having looked over the joints I dont know if i'm being a little bit picky but the are some slight streaks in my finish, so I think i'm going to give them a sand and skim over again (unless anyone has any suggestions)

Anyway, I'm rambling, I just wanted o say thanks to everyone for posting their advice here over the forum!.. I think I may have caught the bug, Im looking for anything that needs taping and jointing now...lol.

Thanks all..

Dougie

amestaper
09-12-2012, 12:37 PM
Cheers Dougie, and thanks for the kind words.
Did you take any photos?

dougie212
09-12-2012, 03:17 PM
i took some, however, thank to the useless invention that is the iphone, i lost them all, i do however have photos of the finished decorated product. I may post them up to be honest, maybe some hints and tips from the finished article may help..

forestbhoy
09-12-2012, 06:03 PM
See....contrary to popular belief,we are usefull...:rolleyes: