PDA

View Full Version : Bad ceiling rush job

kentish plasterer
15-01-2013, 07:15 AM
We have just moved into a new build flat and the ceiling in the main lounge/open kitchen is a mess it's all finished now sanded and painted there coming back in march to do the final snagging building movement ect but is it possible to re sand the joints maybe fill or feather out the joints and re paint.
i want too skim but the missis said noo to messy.....

As for sanding back the joints I'm thinking about using the 360 pole sander thing or a drywall sander and old Hoover

amestaper
15-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Re-sand, feather and repaint a new build? Why should you? If it wasnt done right first time, you should presume the weight of your plaster will pull down the ceiling if the build quality is questionable.

E.K Taper
15-01-2013, 09:50 PM
yeah, get the pleb that made an arse of it to sort his mess in March!

kentish plasterer
16-01-2013, 07:18 AM
All the tapers and renderers ect was our loved mates from over seas.
don't think it will be them coming back the painter is due to come back a do all the snagging he said the 12 month defect on all the fats and houses. You need to see the thin coat render out side that's even more shocking....

amestaper
16-01-2013, 07:23 AM
We have a thread dedicated to botch up jobs, please show us some photo's.

http://www.tapingandjointing.com/forum/showthread.php/1230

mcfc
17-01-2013, 07:34 PM
You can feather/fine fill out with joint cemment after no problem,but make sure you sand between coats of paint as well because your work will now be smoother than the paint texture. I know you should get back the clown who did it but will he make it look any better. I have moved into a new build mysef and I would rather do it properly than have back someone does not care and is messy.
We have just moved into a new build flat and the ceiling in the main lounge/open kitchen is a mess it's all finished now sanded and painted there coming back in march to do the final snagging building movement ect but is it possible to re sand the joints maybe fill or feather out the joints and re paint.
i want too skim but the missis said noo to messy.....

As for sanding back the joints I'm thinking about using the 360 pole sander thing or a drywall sander and old Hoover