PDA

View Full Version : Better than ever flusher

Dillon
21-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Im looking to buy a "Better than Ever 3.5" Flusher with handle" does any one have a second hand one for sale or if not where is the best (cheapest) place to buy. Thanks

wallpaul
22-01-2013, 06:05 PM
belmore mate

Dillon
22-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks I have dropped them a line today, also need to know if the handle I have that has the combo flusher fitted will except the standard flusher, dont want to buy extra handles at 50 a go if I dont have to.

belmoreboy
22-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Hi Dillon we have the 3.5 standard flushers in stock, if your handle has the flusher perm fixed and has small white roller wheel then sorry wont fit our flushers and sounds like you have an original roll plough, these are no longer available. To be fair the new better than ever system is a bit better as have more options but you will need to take the plunge and buy a handle (sorry!) give me a buzz will sort you some T & J forum Discount !

Same for every forum memeber always a deal at Belmore for members! ;)

kentish plasterer
23-01-2013, 04:30 PM
ill be calling soon:w00t:

kentish plasterer
25-01-2013, 06:10 PM
iv made an order last night and making one now ((ebay))

ill pm you

Dillon
25-01-2013, 06:24 PM
iv made an order last night and making one now ((ebay))

ill pm you

Who Me :confused:

kentish plasterer
25-01-2013, 06:45 PM
belmoreboy is im new best mate lol i can call you if you want dilon

Dillon
28-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Bought my Flusher and some other bits today from Belmoreboy, nice to meet /chat to you Marcus. I'll let you know how I get on with it when it arrives.

Christy h
04-02-2013, 08:19 PM
I bought the better than ever kit a few yrs ago from belmore , best tool in the bag...

Dillon
05-02-2013, 06:27 PM
well got it tried it and its sort of Ok it coats a bit tight for my liking but apparently they slacken off with use and then apply a thicker coat so I will stick with it and see, Im also contemplating getting the aplication tube or seringe because it means a lot less trips to the bucket.

crack filler
05-02-2013, 09:23 PM
well got it tried it and its sort of Ok it coats a bit tight for my liking but apparently they slacken off with use and then apply a thicker coat so I will stick with it and see, Im also contemplating getting the aplication tube or seringe because it means a lot less trips to the bucket.

I use my flusher when putting up the internals and then again when coating up so it gets 2 coats ish but its a bit thicker.

Dillon
05-02-2013, 09:27 PM
What do you use to apply muck and tape, do you roll the tape or use a roll plough.

crack filler
05-02-2013, 09:38 PM
I use a painters corner roller to put gear on and roller it out. I didn't get on with the syringe thingy but only gave it 20mins. Have seen them used very successfully.

Dillon
05-02-2013, 09:43 PM
I use the corner box its loads better than a roller but requires a lot of trips to the bucket, I saw the Mudrunner being used the other day WOW that was quick but 500 touch, I have also seen the seringe used properly and that is just as fast but harder work. Also saw a nail spotter being used properly today and that made it look very easy too.

crack filler
05-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Yeah I use a nail spotter and know mud runners, boxes and mud pump are faster but I'm old and stuck in my ways a bit.

Dillon
14-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Really getting the hang of this flusher and I have to say Im wondering how I managed with out it, I found the bes way for me is to put muck up the internal using the corner applicator, then the tape then I use a roll plough to bed the tape, it looks pretty good even then but I know it sinks back too much. Once thats had time to set off (overnight is best) I again aply muck the the corner applicator then use the flushed to finnish. Finally I go round and tidy up the corners using my old faithfull corner trowel. The only thig is it does leave quite an edge which you can trowel off but the sander seems to cope with it quite well also.

Next move for me is I think I will hire a Mudrunner to see how I get on with it or go for the syringe.

TonyM
14-02-2013, 05:08 PM
It's funny, we have gone back to doing the final coat on the screws by hand because we believe that the nail spotter leaves a shit finish. The lines are too defined, even after sanding. As for the syringe, don't get me started on that POS.

Dillon
14-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Ok Tony so how do you do your internals one side at a time. Sure a nail spotter leaves a line but so does a joint. I saw a guy using the syringe and was well impressed the same as when I first saw a bazooka being used. Mind you I have also seen a bazooka being used badly and it didnt look so impressive.

crack filler
14-02-2013, 11:27 PM
I love my nail spotter haven't had a problem. Really struggled with the syringe but have seen it work brilliantly and clean. Me 20mins half a bucket of gear on the floor. We all have our different little ways hopefully to the same outcome.

Dillon
15-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Yep getting the mixture just right (perfect) is the key to success but I have that problem using the corner applicator all though my biggest prob with that is when that little white block thingie gets cought on a screw or bad joint and turns over, now that I 1st & 2nd coat before paper taping that problem doesnt occur so often.

Its all about getting a good finnish its just unfortunate that prices and scedules dictate the time in which you have to achieve it. This week I could not work Tuesday so I 1st&2nd coated everything inc bedding on the internals then I returned on Wednesday to finnish and WOW what a difference to how the top coat went on. Of course the site were not happy about the delay and there is no use telling them they are getting a better job or even trying to explain that it will probably dry quicker than it I applied it all in two days.

Scotty
17-02-2013, 06:06 PM
I tape a lot of new gyproc to old walls n stuff workin fur the cooncil, but unsure if id
Be keen on using a butterfly n box incase the old paint n stuff
May feck it so this flusher thingi seems the way to go, but which
Would be the best size for me? Also is the one with the roller better?

Dillon
17-02-2013, 06:38 PM
The one with the roller is called a roll plough and is for bedding in the tapes a bit like a normal roller except it flushes a coat on at the same time, its a good bit of kit but you can not take the wheel off and use it just as a flusher, tried that. I bought the 3.5" flusher it works great, puts a thick coat on and does leave a bit of an edge which the sander takes care of, but its worth it for the speed it does it.

Scotty
17-02-2013, 08:50 PM
The one with the roller is called a roll plough and is for bedding in the tapes a bit like a normal roller except it flushes a coat on at the same time, its a good bit of kit but you can not take the wheel off and use it just as a flusher, tried that. I bought the 3.5" flusher it works great, puts a thick coat on and does leave a bit of an edge which the sander takes care of, but its worth it for the speed it does it.

Thanks for your advice dillon, I normally use a 2"brush or corner
Paint roller for applying the jointing compound then just press in the
Paper tape and go over it with the roller, I dont need to be to sharp
As the surfaces that I encounter can be a mess at times lol but
I have went from the odd ceiling every now and again to one a week
And now sometimes a few walls never a complete room tho so
Im just looking for something to speed up my day and give me more
Time to chill a bit,mabey get some other wee jobs done, do you think
The standard flusher would be best just now? And just add to kit
As I go? I thought about just getting full kit on finance
If you get such a thing but I dont do enough to warrant it,
I think at most I need a pump, handle, 8"box, 10"box and a flusher,
The rest I could add at a later date when cash permits.

Thanks again

Scotty

Dillon
17-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Its a difficult one, I bought the machines years ago when I thought I was going to use them but as it turned out I didnt need them, Now Im house bashing they are comming in very handy. I guess what Im trying to say is you need to have the work to justify the expence, I dont do finance and would advise you dont either, you could hire the tools first to see how you get on. Im allmost as quick by hand as I am with the boxes but the boxes are easier especially ceilings, less time on the stilts and Im all for that now Im old.