PDA

View Full Version : Going rate m2 to supply materials

Lee Hutchinson
14-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi. I'm new to supplying material for tape and jointing. What is the going rate, common rate, minimum rate to expect, be paid per m2. ?

Dillon
14-03-2013, 06:42 PM
You need to be more specific to get an answer to that, are you house bashing, site or private, industrial etc, tell us more about the job and location. Here's a clue house bashing in the SW anything over 2 sq/m is good right now.

Lee Hutchinson
14-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks for replying. SE England, house bashing, site work. So I should be asking for at least over 2.

Dillon
14-03-2013, 06:52 PM
normally house bashing the prices are set by the contractor. A lot depends on how much you pay for your materials and how good/fast you are.

Lee Hutchinson
14-03-2013, 06:56 PM
I've read on this forum that CCF are best for materials. Am pretty fast, good quality unlike some who throw it up and less attention to detail when sanding.

Dillon
14-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Just work it out backwards, for example I joint about 150 sq/m per day and use about 50 of materials. for that amount of effort I want to earn 250 to cover my traveling and tools etc, So you are looking at 300 for 150sq/m = 2.00 per Sq/m

That sort of thing. Me im a lo slower pay more for materials and work for free ;)

thomas.savage
14-03-2013, 07:27 PM
dont think u can beat wall n ceilings for your gear belmore for paper and scrim. arrow metal angle tape only good stuff left rest just gone cheap thin even bg is crap now paying 6.90 for metal 10.86 for jc n 7.65 for all set extra filler finish 1.70 for scrim 1.70 ish for paper tape. rate wise i am subing supply and fix for 1.70-1.90 m2.. site work barrats whimpy etc. hope that helps.. based in sw

Lee Hutchinson
14-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Dry lining supplies asking price exc vat 2.99 scrim 4.21 paper flex 17.00 filler 7.71. Ill give belmore a call

Dillon
14-03-2013, 09:06 PM
I have just used Belmore for the first time, excelent. I like the metal angle and the paper is great, the scrim would be better if it were warmer. Fast delivery too. You have to shop around.

I have used the same merchant for years and years but repeatedly they hike up their prices so I now buy all tapes mail order and just get the powder from them untill I can source better/cheaper.

E.K Taper
14-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Why would ya want warm scrim?.............

Lee Hutchinson
15-03-2013, 03:53 PM
It does pay to shop around. The thing is, On site they will only allow BG or BG due to a rebate or something builders receive for BG products used. :/

Dillon
15-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Why would ya want warm scrim?.............

Its stickier ;)

We used to nuke rolls of scrim in the site canteen on really cold days.

Lee if they want you to usee BG gear just add the difference into the price, for me an extra 10p covers it.

Lee Hutchinson
15-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks.

TonyM
15-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Why would you tell a newcomer to the forum your rates? :confused:

Lets suppose the guy is a QS and not a humble taper. He now knows what crappy rates he can get away with offering.

Dillon
15-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Why would you tell a newcomer to the forum your rates? :confused:

Lets suppose the guy is a QS and not a humble taper. He now knows what crappy rates he can get away with offering.

Im not telling him anything that isnt common knowledge, housebashing rates are set by the contractor and a simple phone call will tell you who is paying what. As for pricing other work I only gave him the formular to work it out and a QS would certainly know how to do that for him self. Stop being so paronoid Tony its no big secret.

TonyM
15-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Im not telling him anything that isnt common knowledge, housebashing rates are set by the contractor and a simple phone call will tell you who is paying what. As for pricing other work I only gave him the formular to work it out and a QS would certainly know how to do that for him self. Stop being so paronoid Tony its no big secret.
Would you be so keen to give him the rates if he lived round the corner from you? I'm not paranoid, i'm just a miserable cnut.

Dillon
15-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Yes Tony in house bashing all rates are transparent I know what every contractor is paying, its no big secret just pick up the phone call them and ask.It really is different to having to price your own jobs especially one offs, then we all have our own rates and methods of ariving at a price.

If he lived round the corner and was working in the house next door to me yes I would tell him the rates, but he would all ready know because he would be getting the same.

Lee Hutchinson
16-03-2013, 08:01 AM
We're tape and jointers trying to make a living and get an some insight on what's a common rate. Instead of being taken for granted. Smile and don't be paranoid :D