PDA

View Full Version : june completions

forestbhoy
26-05-2013, 11:55 PM
Anybody else out there busting their balls at the moment to get these houses done. Seems to get worse every year with the rediculas targets they set. Got one site im on,where a 4 bedroom house is only up to joist and its got to be completed by middle of june. They wonder why they get problems .......:rolleyes:

DMC
27-05-2013, 05:42 PM
The site i'm on just now is the same, about to go into another house with the joiners, first question the agent asked was 'when will you be starting the NEXT plot'? Its a shell.

Brian S
27-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Yup, we got asked to screwboard ceilings and partitions in a 3 storey one on thursday, someone else was going to start dabbing saturday, and has to be finished taping on tuesday, the same is happening in the next door plot, and a big 5 bedder
These will all be carp houses, making good going on for ages
Glad I don't do much house bashing

forestbhoy
27-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Yup, we got asked to screwboard ceilings and partitions in a 3 storey one on thursday, someone else was going to start dabbing saturday, and has to be finished taping on tuesday, the same is happening in the next door plot, and a big 5 bedder
These will all be carp houses, making good going on for ages
Glad I don't do much house bashing on

Was on the last load of christmas completions, this house had to be tacked,dabbed AND taped in 4 days. Three storey,5 bedder and even on what we are on now, it was still worth 1300_ squid to tape. At one polnt had 10 tackers and 4 dabbers in there. It was done,but the patchers were in there for days.........by the way, the buyers pulled out of the sale after all that lol._

TonyM
27-05-2013, 11:13 PM
It beats the shit out of me why anyone would buy a house from any of the 'volume' house builders. The mortgage surveyors must be on back handers, or in need of a visit to Specsavers.

Brian S
28-05-2013, 06:58 AM
I wouldn't touch one with the proverbial from any major builder

E.K Taper
04-06-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm on a Baratt site just now and its chaotic. The programme says 4days to tape, aday to dry then sand and mist coat on day 6. I started 1 on tuesday, finished on thursday and the fkn agents (3 of them!) wanted the joiners AND plumbers in on the friday!:mad:
Teamed up with another taper to 1st and 2nd coat 1 on Friday, I finished it on the Monday but at 11.00 the fcking KITCHEN came in:cussing:
They dont give us a chance:(
Do they, DMC?

DMC
07-06-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm on a Baratt site just now and its chaotic. The programme says 4days to tape, aday to dry then sand and mist coat on day 6. I started 1 on tuesday, finished on thursday and the fkn agents (3 of them!) wanted the joiners AND plumbers in on the friday!

:mad:
Teamed up with another taper to 1st and 2nd coat 1 on Friday, I finished it on the Monday but at 11.00 the fcking KITCHEN came in:cussing:
They dont give us a chance:(
Do they, DMC?

Pishsimmon is just as bad,sanded a plot today that was already joinered out, the sanitary units were fitted, the tilers had started and a pissed off painter was breathing down my neck. Kin hate this month