PDA

View Full Version : Mesh taper FYI

Dutch drywaller
03-06-2013, 07:24 PM
I saw an Early forum subject about the Monstermesh. In the Netherlands we can't find the tool anymore only the Flottrunner. So we tought why not. Our experience white this tool is Good sofar...

This is the Flottrunner: http://youtu.be/hj-qqO_R6KU

is there a new wallsander from nilniks. One who doesn't smoke???

amestaper
04-06-2013, 06:55 AM
There were a couple for sale on here but i believe they have stopped producing them. How much for the Flottrunner?

Dutch drywaller
04-06-2013, 09:05 AM
There on the Dutch market since march this year. Price €150

greetings :-)

saleen836
04-06-2013, 02:29 PM
I still have my Monster Mesh Taper sitting in the garage :) (might stick it on ebay and see what happens)

The only problem with the Monster Mesher and this new Flottrunner will be the same thing...if you use cheap scrim it will peel off from the edges and clog it up!

Dutch drywaller
04-06-2013, 03:31 PM
It works great. We all think the same :). But serious you can't do it faster manuelly. And don't use cheap scrim ;)

mcfc
04-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Hi if you do please can you let me know, would not mind one as stilts are banned on my site cheers
I still have my Monster Mesh Taper sitting in the garage :) (might stick it on ebay and see what happens)

The only problem with the Monster Mesher and this new Flottrunner will be the same thing...if you use cheap scrim it will peel off from the edges and clog it up!

crack filler
04-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Looks a great tool

TonyM
04-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Looks a lot less complicated mechanically than the Monster Mesh, which was good when it worked, but most of the time just jammed.

Dutch drywaller
04-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Looks a lot less complicated mechanically than the Monster Mesh, which was good when it worked, but most of the time just jammed.

Indeed less complex! And no maintenance.

Dutch drywaller
04-06-2013, 09:23 PM
how big is the number of mesh user in your country? though I do not know where you all come from :confused:

E.K Taper
04-06-2013, 11:30 PM
new house building sites are all mesh tape i would imagine, such is the demand for speed. (not the drug, dutch drywaller)
Guys doing individual houses, private builds, commercial jobs etc may prefer the paper tape but in the main its mesh all the way over here
USA and Canada tend to dismiss mesh tape, they are real drywall snobs over there!

DMC
07-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Looks like a decent piece of kit, if the price was right i imagine it would sell well among us hoose bashers