PDA

View Full Version : Q-tech vacuum

crack filler
12-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Just a quick review had the q-tech Hoover from Belmore one a month or so and what a great machine totally dustless, slightly heavy but vibrates the filters and comes with a reusable dust bag. Really impressed for money

wallpaul
13-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Just a quick review had the q-tech Hoover from Belmore one a month or so and what a great machine totally dustless, slightly heavy but vibrates the filters and comes with a reusable dust bag. Really impressed for money

had mine a while now aswell, really impressed with it.
if the zip becomes stiff just spray a bit of wd40 along it mate. works a treat.

crack filler
13-07-2013, 02:07 PM
thanks for that mate could see zip becoming a problem

big g
13-07-2013, 07:10 PM
nice to hear guys for future references,cant beat reviews from guys in the trade.

AyrshireTaper
16-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Is that EW50 @ 299?

crack filler
16-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Yes mate it is

wallpaul
04-11-2013, 06:44 PM
mines been blowing dust all over the gaff and sounds like a jumbo jet?????

E.K Taper
04-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Oooft, this thread was going so well, too:D

DMC
04-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Been using mine without any trouble at all, bit noisy but no dust, can only recommend them.

belmoreboy
05-11-2013, 02:26 PM

needs a new one of these

wallpaul
05-11-2013, 02:56 PM
needs a new one of these

one of what???

will be ringing you to see how long it is under warranty marcus.

belmoreboy
05-11-2013, 04:50 PM
http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Turbine_Impeller.html

sort of is and isnt warranty really if it was loud in first week then something wrong - after few months its really a wear part - call me to discuss

thomas.savage
05-11-2013, 06:29 PM
umm vac that wears out in few months.. mine is ok but for odd time it shuts down.. quick bang and starts again. they are big clumsy and the hose tends to brush past the control switches and cause havox while in full flow. a throw in skip offence in my younger days for sure. now i just laugh and think its my fault for wasting my soul away on a building site... best hover is no hover get some poor young sod to rub for you, give him a pole and a can of red bull..

E.K Taper
05-11-2013, 10:12 PM
umm vac that wears out in few months.. mine is ok but for odd time it shuts down.. quick bang and starts again. they are big clumsy and the hose tends to brush past the control switches and cause havox while in full flow. a throw in skip offence in my younger days for sure. now i just laugh and think its my fault for wasting my soul away on a building site... best hover is no hover get some poor young sod to rub for you, give him a pole and a can of red bull..
Haha, we had a boy like that, can of red bull and the idiot stick! We use the flex 500 now and he won't go back to using the pole. Trouble is, he is still coughing his guts up every morning travelling to site, I'm starting to feel guilty like we're putting him in an early grave:(

thomas.savage
06-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Haha, we had a boy like that, can of red bull and the idiot stick! We use the flex 500 now and he won't go back to using the pole. Trouble is, he is still coughing his guts up every morning travelling to site, I'm starting to feel guilty like we're putting him in an early grave:(

dont worry just put him in the back so he can die without distubing you...

wallpaul
07-11-2013, 01:32 PM
http://www.belmoretools.co.uk/acatalog/Turbine_Impeller.html

sort of is and isnt warranty really if it was loud in first week then something wrong - after few months its really a wear part - call me to discuss

got a job to sand week after next so will use it and see how it goes!

surely anything bought brand new has a 1 year warranty??

TonyM
07-11-2013, 05:27 PM
got a job to sand week after next so will use it and see how it goes!

surely anything bought brand new has a 1 year warranty??
You would think, unless they know that the product is utter shite. It's either fit for purpose, or not.

wallpaul
07-11-2013, 05:36 PM
You would think, unless they know that the product is utter shite. It's either fit for purpose, or not.
bang on the button tony.

E.K Taper
07-11-2013, 09:07 PM
I have the QTech sander. It has a 1year warranty from Belmore

TonyM
07-11-2013, 10:31 PM
When I bought my Flex sander, it was on offer with a Fein QA55 vacuum. After a couple of uses, the hoover started whining so it was returned and inspected by the Fein engineer. He said that it wasn't built for drywall dust because it was too fine. I keep it as a spare and have used the Hilti ever since. I reckon a lot of these cheaper vacs just aren't man enough for the job.

E.K Taper
07-11-2013, 11:00 PM
When I bought my Flex sander, it was on offer with a Fein QA55 vacuum. After a couple of uses, the hoover started whining so it was returned and inspected by the Fein engineer. He said that it wasn't built for drywall dust because it was too fine. I keep it as a spare and have used the Hilti ever since. I reckon a lot of these cheaper vacs just aren't man enough for the job.
Maybe the Sparky Vac comes into that category. It was Sparkys we had on hire from Artex and they lasted a few weeks each time,, total nightmare. They sent us a Nilfisk Alto in April and it's still going like a champion:)

drywall guy
08-11-2013, 05:11 AM
Had " Nils Fish " for about 8 years now , still going strong . Never broken down (that's it jinxed now) , just clean the filter every time and empty the bag. Used the same bag for over a year now, just slice the end of it and fold it over on its self and either use a couple of bulldog clips or you can get the plastic push on ends that you used to use on the old hovers years ago from ebay.

drywall guy
08-11-2013, 10:26 AM
It should read "Nils Fisk"

big g
08-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Had " Nils Fish " for about 8 years now , still going strong . Never broken down (that's it jinxed now) , just clean the filter every time and empty the bag. Used the same bag for over a year now, just slice the end of it and fold it over on its self and either use a couple of bulldog clips or you can get the plastic push on ends that you used to use on the old hovers years ago from ebay.
i do the same drywall with clips on the bag for my bosch hoover,was a tip on here when i joined well over a year ago.biggest rip off ever,30 for 5 bags,would cost a fortune otherwise.

belmoreboy
08-11-2013, 04:36 PM

All products we sell are fit for purpose - i should really post some pics of how some machines come into us after 10 - 11 months usage !!! some look they have used them to mix their filler and ames up with !:nono:

look after your tools they will look after you !

All tools we sell come with warranty - my last post sounded daft so apologies for that what i was getting at was that most electrical tools have some wear parts that are not covered - each situation is different, if anyone buys from us we will always look after them and make sure we fight to fix under warranty as much as possible and have rarely ignored a claim if tool is used in correct manner, but have to be realistic that sometimes, some (not all) misuse their tools.

Doubt i have offended anyone on here, as spoken to most of you and you are all professionals in your field.

wallpaul
16-06-2014, 03:35 PM
gonna be sending mine back to you marcus, sounds worse than ever!!
not sure if parts need changing.

belmoreboy
16-06-2014, 03:43 PM
gonna be sending mine back to you marcus, sounds worse than ever!!
not sure if parts need changing.

No worries apul we will make it good again - you need it collecting? call Aaron our workshop manager