PDA

View Full Version : Columbia bazooka problem

Kenya get over this
19-07-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm having an issue with my taper which is highly irritating.

The tape machine won't feed me the paper once I have cut the previous tape,It cuts fine (recently put new blade in) but the little pin that pushes the paper up seems to be the problem.It just wont bite the paper unless I push on the pin myself. Is there anyway I can adjust the positioning of this via the white magnetic connecting box? (the grip tube in the middle of the machine seems to be in fine working order)

Also I recently gave the whole machine a good clean but the paper sometimes bends the wrong way before it comes out near the cog and gets twisted.

There was a load of gunk inside and behind the part with the little taper man on, which seemed to act as a guide for the paper tape. Now that's all cleared out the paper tape seems to bend back on itself,and I have to try pull the paper out to feed round the cog.

Hope some of this makes sense as it's difficult trying to explain without the correct part names.

Will post pics if someone can help and needs more explanation.

amestaper
19-07-2013, 11:05 PM
That pin should be adjustable? Load the taper up with joint cement, a roll of paper and use trial and error to adjust how long the pin should be until you get it right. Not familiar with Columbia but on a Tapetech branded bazooka it will be a small screw on the side.

amestaper
19-07-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm guessing around about parts CT 62, FA 238 in this schematic.

​http://www.tapingandjointing.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=92

big g
20-07-2013, 01:36 PM
hi kenya,i have columbia taper and its like ames says theres a screw on the bit where the pin is,adjust it that way.
with the tape going the wrong way over the cog,if im reading this right,sounds as if your feeding tape in wrong way,try it with inside crease on paper facing you when you put it in.i might be reading it wrong but thats what it sounds like,good luck.

Kenya get over this
20-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Yeah that's the bit. Will have to look at adjusting that. When looking at it it's kind of level on both sides so I definitely have some play in it to push it through.

Kenya get over this
20-07-2013, 01:49 PM
hi kenya,i have columbia taper and its like ames says theres a screw on the bit where the pin is,adjust it that way.
with the tape going the wrong way over the cog,if im reading this right,sounds as if your feeding tape in wrong way,try it with inside crease on paper facing you when you put it in.i might be reading it wrong but thats what it sounds like,good luck.

Cheers,Will have a play around with feeding the tape. I've always fed it through the same way and never had any previous problems though.