PDA

View Full Version : No parking by the site ADVICE NEEDED

ALROH57
21-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Hi everyone just got the elbow from a Vinchi site in Bristol. Site rules say no parking on the highway around the site, vans and cars are robbed regular tools are nicked on site, I pay my road tax to park on the road yet Vinchi say I cant park due to their planning permission. The piss take is two other sites further away park right outside the site and it cant be reinforced because its the highway. Point is have I got a claim for loss of wages and where do I go to as i,m s/e. :(

DMC
21-08-2013, 03:40 PM
I would speak to citizens advice, see what they have to say.

TonyM
21-08-2013, 09:56 PM
So what happens if a member of the public comes and parks outside their site? Surely if there are no local parking restrictions, you should be able to park there.

amestaper
21-08-2013, 10:17 PM
I would have arrived a half hour early and parked up in the very spot where the site agent would normally leave his motor. Then waited to see what happens.

E.K Taper
21-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Unfortunately mate I don't think there's anything you can do about it, if they say you can't park there then you can't park there, end of.yeah you pay road tax etc like everyone else but it's Vinchis site, Vinchis rules.

DMC
22-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately mate I don't think there's anything you can do about it, if they say you can't park there then you can't park there, end of.yeah you pay road tax etc like everyone else but it's Vinchis site, Vinchis rules.

if everyone on site decided feck it, how long til they changed there stance.

E.K Taper
23-08-2013, 11:10 PM
if everyone on site decided feck it, how long til they changed there stance.
Whats the chances of that ? Everyone is sh!t scared for their jobs just now, so the whole site's not going to rebel. These w@nkers in suits hold all the aces unfortunately and they wont risk their building warrant for anyone. Its just cost a man his job though and I agree that cant be right

thomas.savage
24-08-2013, 06:17 PM
well m8 dont worry too much its busy up bristol at the mo. if site cant be bothered to help with parking just work some were else. edgeworth and p and e got plenty on. dont need to put up with twats.

ALROH57
25-08-2013, 09:51 AM
site rules work starts at 8 I arrive at 6.50, management arrive on foot as parked up out the way wondered if company paid for their parking. The manage men walked the street looking for contractors vans cars and took photos. I must say I get early to work because of the traffic as I would rather be earning than stuck in a huge jam.

ALROH57
25-08-2013, 09:55 AM
The public is not in their jurystiction nor other contractors on other sites and they can park outside nearby.

E.K Taper
25-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Seems like your better off without them mate. Hope something comes up soon. Their loss.

ALROH57
25-08-2013, 01:04 PM
And mine mate job was good and a long one but management with hands on experience have long gone I think.