PDA

View Full Version : columbia 3" nailspotter

forestbhoy
20-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Brought a cheap 2" version (speed tape) and it was really a bag of nails. Have now brought this ,and even though its 3 times the price, worth every penny. If you get chance to see one, just look at the build quality.

Dillon
21-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Been thinking about one of these where did you get it from and how mucho dinero

forestbhoy
21-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Been thinking about one of these where did you get it from and how mucho dinero

Belmore and about 190 plus vat, including handle.

Dillon
21-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks

Dobietaper
22-10-2013, 06:03 PM
might get 1 4myself

forestbhoy
22-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Oh .... and after you buy it, dont leave it in your hallway the day you are going to use it.....lol

taper1985
22-10-2013, 09:59 PM
What materials you using through your spotter would you put fast set thru it or just ready mix

E.K Taper
22-10-2013, 10:32 PM
Just cement mate. I've tried fast set through it but didn't like it to be honest, didn't run smoothly over the gyproc and any heavy edges were a nightmare to sand

forestbhoy
23-10-2013, 04:48 AM
Just cement mate. I've tried fast set through it but didn't like it to be honest, didn't run smoothly over the gyproc and any heavy edges were a nightmare to sand

What the man said, but sometimes the rubbish you can follow on the tack, every other screw could be proud. I really would have to be confident in the boarding if i ever was to do it

taper1985
23-10-2013, 04:37 PM
True true. I used one with gyproc proset a while back it was definetly quicker than hand but we back to cement and joint filler thankfully Will try it with cement and does it shrink back

Dillon
23-10-2013, 05:39 PM
What the man said, but sometimes the rubbish you can follow on the tack, every other screw could be proud. I really would have to be confident in the boarding if i ever was to do it

Well credit where credit is due when I came back to house bashing this year I was amazed at the standard of boarding its much better than I remember, I have just done a house and I bet in fact I know I only had 1 screw standing proud and thats why I remember it. Sure there is all ways something to moan at I am a taper after all but generally the standard is Much better than I remember.

E.K Taper
30-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Well credit where credit is due when I came back to house bashing this year I was amazed at the standard of boarding its much better than I remember, I have just done a house and I bet in fact I know I only had 1 screw standing proud and thats why I remember it. Sure there is all ways something to moan at I am a taper after all but generally the standard is Much better than I remember.
The standard on Persimmon houses up here is generally good but I'm on a Barratt job just now and Jesus Christ , it's bad. Every 2nd screw is proud, in the internals too. The but joins above the doors have a step in them that Paul Daniels couldn't do anything with. I lost it today and flung my hammer thru the wall in a rage!
I really need to get some pics into the a Dodgy Drywall section