PDA

View Full Version : radius 360 sanders

amestaper
27-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Any of you guys use radius 360 sanders? I'm considering ditching our conventional sanding poles for the areas the power sander cant reach.

the_tapeinator
28-06-2009, 01:36 PM
The extension pole can sand above 15 foot with no problems. No gouging or damage to internal corners and changing paper is as easy as anelectric sander. Cost you twice what a regular sanding pole will & I think it sworth the extra expense:)

belmoreboy
28-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Radius sander one word = brilliant. Got all our guys on site working for us using them and all think they are ace. Used one myself on my own house extension and many times since for renovation projects.

Biggest advantage i have found is that they very rarely flip and if they do they have a rubber protective edge.

If top angle needs sanding. we revert back to normal sander but i know a couple of lads that use our speare 3 in 1 sander which seems a really good tool.

turrican_007
29-06-2009, 03:45 PM
The 360 pads (120 grit) are brilliant on power sanders and 15 for 25 you can`t go wrong....

amestaper
20-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Had a go with mine this morning. Thanks Belmore! :fing02:
Plus points - I used the sandpaper from my electric model so its great that you dont have to buy specialized paper to fit. Sanding area is twice the size of a normal pole and didn't flip over once so it didn't knock ten bells out the other side of an internal corner tape because of the rubber around it. No dents or sanding damage to walls and ceilings = result.

I can't give it a bad criticism, only thing I did wrong was forget to take along the Flex as well. It's been at least 3 years since I've sanded an area this size manually and can't say I miss it.

Lightrock
20-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I use the radius for my 'rough sand' with 150 'radius 360' paper on it, and go over all with my light and a hand sander to clean corners. i find the 'Super sander' is just as good for never flipping and leaves clean angles. From the sounds of things our compounds are a lot softer than yours though. I replaced the original pad on the radius with the stiffer foam one they offer. if it has a drawback it is that the sanding sheets tend to uneven quality even in bulk packs and they are fairly pricy, it still takes ony one slightly proud electrical box to tear the edge of the sheet. maybe I am too fussy?

Brian S
11-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Only ever use the Radius and the Flex edge, as we don't do mega amounts of taping, and the cost of a power sander just to sit in garage is not worth it.

But I don't need to do much sanding anyway:D:D;)

Plus it keeps me fit:D

mik mpd
11-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Great tool!!!! say no more!

belmoreboy
12-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Anyone noticed the radius paper not performing as well as it should be?

TonyM
12-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Anyone noticed the radius paper not performing as well as it should be?

Yes. Gone over to genuine Flex discs for the moment. Haven't tried those samples you sent yet.

DMS
19-04-2010, 04:53 PM
radius 360 is an excellent tool, i have been hearing reports that the quality of the paper has taken a dive recently

turrican_007
19-04-2010, 05:26 PM
radius 360 is an excellent tool, i have been hearing reports that the quality of the paper has taken a dive recently

It sure has.

belmoreboy
19-04-2010, 10:41 PM
One of the main reasons. For us having our own brand made for us, we can now control the quality and more importantly the price!
For those who requested free samples will all be sent out this week and anyone else that want's to try it give me a shout.

Any of you who have tried it be good to get some feedback.

mancman
29-07-2011, 04:52 PM
hi, sorry to drag this one back up......does the 360 sander head fit on to a standard painters extendable pole?

amestaper
29-07-2011, 06:08 PM
It does indeed. I got one from belmore, its a good tool

2buck
29-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I don't see any point in getting the 360 head, the only thing it is good for is a newbie, it's alot harder for them to flip the head.

So think about this, the 360 head is just as wide as a rectangular head is as long. The round head is 9" wide, while a rectangle head is about 10" long by about 4" wide. you always half to sand with a rectangle head on some type of a angle, at minimum, a 5 degree angle, when sanding horizontally your going to be holding the head at approximately a 35 degree angle or more, your going to be covering a 10" surface area, same if not more than the 360 head. think about it, or do I got to draw a picture for everyone.

Also, your still going to need the rectangle head for angles, and the paper cost more, and the 360 one is more pushing since theres a larger head in play. Yes the 360 has more surface contract, but it's not covering a wider swath, it's the same as a rectangle head

Cazna
30-07-2011, 10:08 AM
I don't see any point in getting the 360 head, the only thing it is good for is a newbie, it's alot harder for them to flip the head.

So think about this, the 360 head is just as wide as a rectangular head is as long. The round head is 9" wide, while a rectangle head is about 10" long by about 4" wide. you always half to sand with a rectangle head on some type of a angle, at minimum, a 5 degree angle, when sanding horizontally your going to be holding the head at approximately a 35 degree angle or more, your going to be covering a 10" surface area, same if not more than the 360 head. think about it, or do I got to draw a picture for everyone.

Also, your still going to need the rectangle head for angles, and the paper cost more, and the 360 one is more pushing since theres a larger head in play. Yes the 360 has more surface contract, but it's not covering a wider swath, it's the same as a rectangle head

Well havent you just burst everyones happy 360 sander bubble:) Good points though, I have 3 round sanders, they are great, Dont flip, Very good for smooth sanding the sealer coat of paint as well and i do use one with no foam backing pad for a rough sand between coats now, It took a while for 2buck to get that into my thick head but rough sanding is great, Makes for very nice top coats.

belmoreboy
31-07-2011, 10:14 AM
The radius 360 really is a top notch tool!

even better now the new version has been released, it's now wavailable from belmore (for same price as before) only difference is it now has ability to add the pro handle adapter for hand sanding in tight areas such as cupboards and uder stairs etc.

For internals check out the new Trigon 180 - brilliant! and if you prefer the original style rectangle base the flex edge is the answer

Take a look - website will be updated monday - if you order a rad 360 you will get the new style sander.

mancman
31-07-2011, 12:57 PM
@belmoreboy, ive just ordered a radius head off you over the weekend....will it be the new style sander?

thanks.

belmoreboy
01-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi Mancman yes new style head on it's way to you !

Beermonster
01-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Radius sander one word = brilliant. Got all our guys on site working for us using them and all think they are ace. Used one myself on my own house extension and many times since for renovation projects.

Biggest advantage i have found is that they very rarely flip and if they do they have a rubber protective edge.

If top angle needs sanding. we revert back to normal sander but i know a couple of lads that use our speare 3 in 1 sander which seems a really good tool.
Hey Marcus i ordered a 3 in 1 from u but still waiting!!!! Think it was out of stock but would still like 1!!!!!!!!

toptaper66
17-12-2013, 05:36 PM
A good mate of mine has one and he swears by them being more effective and less hard work than the usual stick sander.I,m thinking of getting one for the same reason as i'm about to get my 1st electric sander but I don't fancy using for slightly higher ceilings :0)
The extension pole can sand above 15 foot with no problems. No gouging or damage to internal corners and changing paper is as easy as anelectric sander. Cost you twice what a regular sanding pole will & I think it sworth the extra expense:)