PDA

View Full Version : Wondertex Metal Tape

E.K Taper
04-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Any of you guys use this tape? It's generally quite good although recently I've noticed it's got thick lumps of glue every so often thru the roll, that it doesn't fold properly. This is a pain, as it looks as though there's a kink in the bead when you coat it out.
anyone else noticed this?

TonyM
04-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Never use metal tape mate, but i've heard that the Wondertex one is quite a good one.

sq ames taper
05-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Any of you guys use this tape? It's generally quite good although recently I've noticed it's got thick lumps of glue every so often thru the roll, that it doesn't fold properly. This is a pain, as it looks as though there's a kink in the bead when you coat it out.
anyone else noticed this?

use wondertex now and again, most recently last week and never had any problems mate

big g
05-11-2013, 05:32 PM
hi EK,was using all the time till a few weeks ago with no probs,BG rep came on one of our jobs and kicked up shit because we weren,t using bg tape,boss got a bollockin from wimpey and we are using that stuff now,jeez its thin,but as long as boards are alright or you block any bad bits out and leave to set,its fine so far.

thomas.savage
05-11-2013, 06:18 PM
got to love compliance... so u want me to put this thin crap bg flex on instead of my normal thick gauge stuff thats not only better but costs 6.90 a roll not 10 pound.... walls and cielings comes in plain white box. i would advise u to try it. better than all others.

big g
05-11-2013, 07:21 PM
got to love compliance... so u want me to put this thin crap bg flex on instead of my normal thick gauge stuff thats not only better but costs 6.90 a roll not 10 pound.... walls and cielings comes in plain white box. i would advise u to try it. better than all others.
would like to try it,but as you say compliance because of the kick backs that are paid,no choice.am using no coat on a monster house private job and got to say this stuff is the nuts but to expensive for the old house bashing.

E.K Taper
05-11-2013, 10:03 PM
hi EK,was using all the time till a few weeks ago with no probs,BG rep came on one of our jobs and kicked up shit because we weren,t using bg tape,boss got a bollockin from wimpey and we are using that stuff now,jeez its thin,but as long as boards are alright or you block any bad bits out and leave to set,its fine so far.
I agree the BG stuff is good but as you say, it won't hide anything, the sheeting has to be good. That's bad luck yous got caught by the rep lol:D

E.K Taper
05-11-2013, 10:06 PM
You're right about compliance Thomas, and that's exactly why we can't try the W&C stuff. It's not up to us what stuff we use, our subby supplies that.

big g
06-11-2013, 03:35 PM
I agree the BG stuff is good but as you say, it won't hide anything, the sheeting has to be good. That's bad luck yous got caught by the rep lol:D
hes out and about quite a bit just now,arrogant prck by all accounts,think hes due a roll of flex up his ass,wondertex of course bein that good bit thicker lol.

amestaper
06-11-2013, 06:20 PM
hes out and about quite a bit just now,arrogant prck by all accounts,think hes due a roll of flex up his ass,wondertex of course bein that good bit thicker lol.

Is he a rep or an inspector? Although theres an awkward silence on many forums from the companies who make these products, their lack of response is mainly due to company policy restricting their employees activities on social media. However, some of them do read here so if you reckon the product is unfit for purpose then please say what you think.

big g
06-11-2013, 07:17 PM
hi ames,not seen him myself,i tend to be kept on the ayrshire jobs but hes been on a few of the jobs in the glasgow area, so just goin by what a few of the boys have said.
as for the quality of their flex tape,its defo poor.the metal is far to thin to hold a straight corner if the sheeting is anything less than perfect.
suspect that is why he is out more than normal, if sales of the stuff is not what it should be.

amestaper
06-11-2013, 08:04 PM
The BG metal tape was already thin and flimsy enough before I packed it in. I switched to Wondertex back in 2009/10.

amestaper
07-11-2013, 05:59 AM
However, some of them do read here so if you reckon the product is unfit for purpose then please say what you think.

I also wouldn't mind hearing some plus points on any products too. It could be crap at covering walls and ceilings on site, but it may be a cracking weight loss supplement or makes your hair grow back or...... just looks fantastic in the skip. You get the jist. :whistling:

E.K Taper
07-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Hmmm, if only one of us could think of a jointing compound which would look good in the skip....................
:whistling:

http://www.travisperkins.co.uk/webimage/800000/850000/858000/858294-800.jpg

sq ames taper
08-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Hmmm, if only one of us could think of a jointing compound which would look good in the skip....................

I might be using this soon, :(, all my private work will be finished soon and a subbie ive worked for on and off has been told to change to this shit. ( persimmon spec)

belmoreboy
08-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Any sheetrock flex tape users here?

mcfc
08-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Any sheetrock flex tape users here?
Yes, I use sheetrock flex and tapes. I think that they are the best around at the moment. I bloody hate everything BG, it takes me hours longer to tape a plot with there gear and almost twice the price. They dont make one decent product, arrow and sheetrock make there stuff micky mouse! (and relax)

forestbhoy
09-11-2013, 06:27 PM

That made me chuckle lol ........