PDA

View Full Version : flex sanders

toptaper66
15-12-2013, 09:55 AM
:D Hi fellow tapersI'm new to here so be gentle with me :o
After 25 yrs using the stick sander i'm looking for a good value for money electric sander and wondered if you guys could point me in the right direction!!Flex seem to be faves but do I get a 500 or 700?
Cheers...

DMC
15-12-2013, 03:55 PM
The site i am on just now has gone through 3 flex sanders in as many months, the first a wst 700 lasted for 6 plots,mthat has been followed by 2 wse 500's. The first one had a faulty switch and the second had a problem with the sanding head coming loose. Flex may be the the most popular but there not bullet proof by any means :banghead:

drywall guy
15-12-2013, 05:34 PM
I've had flex sanders for years and never had any real trouble with them, only replacing drive shaft and brushes just general running repairs. If you are buying it to use yourself your going to take better care of it , but it's when other guys use them and don't take care of them , they tend to be too harsh and rush them too much and don't let the machine do the job. Never share your tools with idiots!!!!!!!

Beermonster
16-12-2013, 03:15 AM
Just bought a QTech from belmore!
Better than any flex i have had! :) And cheaper!

toptaper66
17-12-2013, 05:32 PM
The site i am on just now has gone through 3 flex sanders in as many months, the first a wst 700 lasted for 6 plots,mthat has been followed by 2 wse 500's. The first one had a faulty switch and the second had a problem with the sanding head coming loose. Flex may be the the most popular but there not bullet proof by any means :banghead:

Cheers I appreciate your input,I had a word with half a dozen tapers on facebook and they say try Flex but i'm going to hire one for a couple of months so I get to use it a little before using one i've bought and poentially damaged through lack of experience!!

E.K Taper
18-12-2013, 10:06 PM
I have a Qtech sander and it's great. Between another 2 tapers we hire the flex 500 and it's good too. We have a lad that sands for us and he prefers the QTech over the flex
Welcome to the forum by the way

Beermonster
19-12-2013, 12:52 PM
I have a Qtech sander and it's great. Between another 2 tapers we hire the flex 500 and it's good too. We have a lad that sands for us and he prefers the QTech over the flex
Welcome to the forum by the way
Yea the head on them is not so stiff as on my flex sanders!!!!