PDA

View Full Version : USG external corner roller

Dillon
18-02-2014, 02:30 PM
I have just ordered one of these up from Belmore, my son and his gang use them and recon they are good all though I have my doubts but with me now having arthritis in my thumb joints its starting to get a bit uncomfortable pinching tapes on and on top of that is it me or are ceilings getting taller, I can reach to the top of the wall with my blade but its a real stretch to pinch the bead on and I dont use hop ups if I can help it.

Any one got one tried one, what do you recon a good investment of a waste of my hard earned ??

forestbhoy
18-02-2014, 04:48 PM
A lot of lads seem to have these, and swear by them. The biggest gripe seems to be the build up of filler on the wheels, where it dries on before going off .Seems a pain to keep it clean all the time,and some of the boarding I have faced over the years, a shovel might be more use lol.....

Brian S
18-02-2014, 05:13 PM
When I have to use one, I usually keep it in a bucket of water as I'm working, and give them a quick brush down every so often to stop it crudding up.
They're ok, some people get on with them others don't, you still have to pull the tapes around when you've rolled it, as when you roll the tape, the roller can push the tape more on one side than centrally.
Like you Dillon I get the Arthur in my thumbs and hands, so tend to use anything that takes the pressure off the joint's
The roller could be useful to you in that respect
Definitely not a waste of money, just been using mine on some No Coat this week

Dillon
18-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Sounds promising I actually start my next house tomorrow they take 5 boxes of flex in each, I usually get them all first coated on day one so my roller will have to wait till the next one. As for cleaning I still use my little pressure washer so not too much of a problem it blast filler out of the pump and 8" box with ease so this should be OK too.

Thanks for the feedback

TonyM
18-02-2014, 10:48 PM
I have one but use it with tape on beads, not flex and it sets the bead nicely on the corner. I also use cement to set them if it's a large job, through the hopper.

Beermonster
19-02-2014, 08:43 AM
I have one but use it with tape on beads, not flex and it sets the bead nicely on the corner. I also use cement to set them if it's a large job, through the hopper.

Yea I have 1 also for paper faced beads!! Don't think its made for that flex stuff!!
Maybe they got another 1 out!!

Dillon
19-02-2014, 09:25 PM
Yea I have 1 also for paper faced beads!! Don't think its made for that flex stuff!!
Maybe they got another 1 out!!

Ooops really I only use flex.

I didnt quite get first coated today just have the flex to do on one floor so will find out tomorrow IF indeed I can be arsed after I sand down my last house. (usually go home after sanding.

Dillon
27-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Well It arrived and straight away I can see you were right beermonster it is not made for flex tape at all so it will have to be returned, wish I had posted before buying Doh!!.

TonyM
27-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Well It arrived and straight away I can see you were right beermonster it is not made for flex tape at all so it will have to be returned, wish I had posted before buying Doh!!.
I'm pretty sure Crack Filler (Steve) uses one with Flex tape. He'll tell you which one.

Dillon
27-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Thanks Tony I knew there was one suitable for flex I have been looking and found a tape tech one which says its for flex. I have seen one which had sort of stepped rollers but cant find that at the moment. No rush works gone a bit quiet again and my thumb and fore finger still have life in them.

TonyM
01-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Just seen this mate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drywall-Drylining-Taping-Tool-Tapetech-External-Corner-Roller-17TTE-/201045008410?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2ecf37601a

Dillon
01-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Yep thats the one it didnt sell so I have emailed him, I do think 85 is a bit pricey for a second hand item. Thanks Tony

Beermonster
02-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Yep thats the one it didnt sell so I have emailed him, I do think 85 is a bit pricey for a second hand item. Thanks Tony
I have 1 for 50 if u want?
But I would stick 2 using ur fingers if I was u!! Only used it a couple of times!!!

Dillon
02-03-2014, 08:48 AM
I have 1 for 50 if u want?
But I would stick 2 using ur fingers if I was u!! Only used it a couple of times!!!

Why are they no good dont they work. :shocked:

Beermonster
02-03-2014, 01:37 PM
Why are they no good dont they work. :shocked:
Well i dont like the thing!!
If using with fast set the crap sticks 2 the wheels!!!
But u can have it if u want it,but dont blame me!!!

Dillon
02-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Im slowly going off this Idea does it bed the tapes in nice n square or do they still need tweaking, itsa lot of dosh to splash out if it dont work. Right now I have no work any way cant even try it.

E.K Taper
02-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Just seen this mate

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drywall-Drylining-Taping-Tool-Tapetech-External-Corner-Roller-17TTE-/201045008410?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item2ecf37601a
I've bought tools off this guy before and they're good, never had any problems

Dillon
02-03-2014, 08:26 PM
I have spoken to him by email he wont move on the price and did tell me they are not all they are made out to be as did Beermonster so I am now thinking about sticking with my finger and thumb unless a really cheap one comes up worth a punt.

E.K Taper
02-03-2014, 09:49 PM
The ideal scenario would be if Beermonster could send you down the roller for a trial, you pay the postage. If you like it, you buy it. If you don't like it, then send it back. A sort of Tool Library thing!
Just a suggestion you understand, but its up to the Beermonster fella:o

Dillon
03-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Try before you buy sort of thing, I wish I had done that with my missus lol

Beermonster
03-03-2014, 08:21 AM
HaHaHa!!! Yea try before u buy!!!(The Missus)
I will easy send u it 2 try no probs!:D

Dillon
03-03-2014, 12:30 PM
You Have a PM

E.K Taper
03-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Haha, don't we all?:cool: