PDA

View Full Version : Gyproc corner tape

taper1985
16-03-2014, 07:41 AM
Hi there just a question if any of you fellow tapers are having any issues with gyproc corner tape. Been getting a lot blowing for no reason recently. Heard another taper saying they having same prob also. Is the metal to shiny to stick properly? Cheers

saleen836
16-03-2014, 08:25 AM
Hi there just a question if any of you fellow tapers are having any issues with gyproc corner tape. Been getting a lot blowing for no reason recently. Heard another taper saying they having same prob also. Is the metal to shiny to stick properly? Cheers

No, it's just shit, flimsy and vastly overpriced!

Try the Wondertex flex!

DMC
16-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Have heard the same issues recently, it's to thin and it's utter shit

forestbhoy
16-03-2014, 09:37 PM
No, it's just shit, flimsy and vastly overpriced!

Try the Wondertex flex!

Have heard the same issues recently, it's to thin and it's utter shit

Cant speak for wondertex, but all of the above just about give your reason mate...

Dillon
17-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Wondertex is great stuff to use but for price reasons I moved over to sheetrock which is also quite thin and bendy but once you get used to that it works well. How ever I can now buy wondertex cheaper so might go back to it.

E.K Taper
17-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Our contractor ditched BG metal tape a few years back when the original stuff went belly up. We use Wondertex now and it's good although it's not without it's issues. Used the BG flimsy tape a few times and thought it was ok, but the gyproc needs to be spot-on

belmoreboy
20-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Just a thought, would you guys use fixed length vinyl (plastic bead) if the price was the same or cheaper than flex tape? we have a new slimline bead from trim-tex - will be in stock in the next couple of days. Would save cutting and, quality would be better than flex tape.

Dillon
20-03-2014, 01:15 PM
If its fixed length then you get a lot of wastage doing windows etc but ok for uprights so making it expensive.

While we are talking bead I know a taper who uses thin coat metal bead for uprights and bulkheads which seems like a great idea But i see a lot of them getting knocked of by following trades. Personally I don't thing that our filler is as strong as plaster and so contributes to this.

Beermonster
21-03-2014, 12:00 PM
If its fixed length then you get a lot of wastage doing windows etc but ok for uprights so making it expensive.

While we are talking bead I know a taper who uses thin coat metal bead for uprights and bulkheads which seems like a great idea But i see a lot of them getting knocked of by following trades. Personally I don't thing that our filler is as strong as plaster and so contributes to this.
The best way 2 eliminate waste is get 10 foot and 8 foot beads then u never have a lot of waste!
Been using beads for a good while now and that's the best way 2 work them in I found! Used trim-Tex beads also and didn't have no probs,just need some more practice with them and maybe a stapler for sh*t boarding!!!
Marcus I'm still waiting!! Lol:sneaky:

belmoreboy
21-03-2014, 12:06 PM
@beermonster keep some room in your suitcase bringing one to edinburgh for you! Wink wink

Beermonster
21-03-2014, 12:44 PM
@beermonster keep some room in your suitcase bringing one to edinburgh for you! Wink wink

Is that the stapler?
Beads wont fit in the jeep!!!:confused:

belmoreboy
21-03-2014, 01:03 PM
@beermonster - don't' worry just the stapler and some staples ! im sending the slimline bead through your cat flap (lol)

Beermonster
21-03-2014, 01:11 PM
@beermonster - don't' worry just the stapler and some staples ! im sending the slimline bead through your cat flap (lol)

HaHa the stupid f*cks!!!!
Nea right these people!!:nono:

Dillon
21-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Im still too tight for that if I have to cut two inches off it makes me cry and you want to see what happens if my filler goes off in my bucket.

Brian S
21-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Very possibly Marcus, like using bead rather than flex.

You got that price list?
I've also sent an Email to Belmore, for some parts