PDA

View Full Version : Trim-Tex Vinyl angle skim beads

drywall guy
14-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Anyone use these, and how do they compare too flex tape ?.

Beermonster
14-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Anyone use these, and how do they compare too flex tape ?.

Got a sh*t load in my garage that will b used this week!!(Cheers Marcus)
Tell u something,anything will b better than that flex stuff!
I usually use sheetrock beads but away try this new 1 out! I have used trim-tex beads before but not this bead!

currierplastering
19-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Looking for beads to use with Airless Plaster. Are these Trim Text beads thinner then thin coat plaster beads,

TonyM
19-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Looking for beads to use with Airless Plaster. Are these Trim Text beads thinner then thin coat plaster beads,

Use Sheetrock or Beadex tape on beads. They are the dogs bollocks. Can't see this vinyl stuff being much cop to be honest. The last vinyl beads I tried ended up in the bin. Utter crap.
I can get the Beadex external corner beads from Minsters for 49 a box (50x2.4m) plus vat. You need to ask for Lafarge tape on external corner bead, and they get you the Beadex ones. I think Beadex must have an agreement with Lafarge or something.

These lay flatter than thin coat beads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uojdQhJ-FNw

currierplastering
21-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Thanks Tony I'll give them a go

ALROH57
11-06-2014, 07:24 PM
They are o.k. have spray glued splayed angles and used them off a hoist which the normal corner tape just unwinds every where in the limited space. I found it much better and quicker ..... dont forget to roller them.

currierplastering
11-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Just picked up 2 boxes from Minster for a house we are spraying. They look good :)

TonyM
12-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Just picked up 2 boxes from Minster for a house we are spraying. They look good :)
The Beadex ones?

belmoreboy
16-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Tony - not sure which make of vinyl you used before but the new trim tex slimline beads a spot on - best thing is the speed of application - staple - spray glue or bed on - use less filler / ames - faster dry times - quicker job - more wonga in pocket ! Happy to send you some to try - would be great for spray plasterwork too.

currierplastering
16-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Tony - not sure which make of vinyl you used before but the new trim tex slimline beads a spot on - best thing is the speed of application - staple - spray glue or bed on - use less filler / ames - faster dry times - quicker job - more wonga in pocket ! Happy to send you some to try - would be great for spray plasterwork too.

I would be interested in purchasing some of these as well

Do you have a link with more information?