PDA

View Full Version : BG Easi-fill

saleen836
25-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Anyone else annoyed with British Gypsum for changing their easi-fill?
It now comes with '60mins' stamped on the bag and starts to stiffen up after approx 40-45mins, I like to mix a whole bag at a time when taping flat joints and am struggling to just about use it all before it becomes to stiff to use, the old formula they had I had no problem mixing a whole bag and using it before it went off!

TonyM
08-06-2014, 09:05 PM
I think probably your supplier has ordered the 60 minute stuff. I picked up a couple of bags of the normal 90 min set Easifill in Leylands on Saturday. They have normal, 60min and 20min on the shelves. What do you pay for it Steve? This was 14 something a bag.

saleen836
09-06-2014, 03:42 PM
I think probably your supplier has ordered the 60 minute stuff. I picked up a couple of bags of the normal 90 min set Easifill in Leylands on Saturday. They have normal, 60min and 20min on the shelves. What do you pay for it Steve? This was 14 something a bag.

have had a quick chat with the BG rep, apprently the bags with '60min' working time stamped on is just the new bags and the formula hasn't been changed, I have to send them half a bag so they can test it but it could have something to do with the plant having been down for a while and them going flat out and skipping a bit of QC to catch back up again!

I don't pay for it Tony, labour only :)

Have you tried b&q? get a trade card and see if they will do a deal

TonyM
09-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I am sure Leyland would do a deal if I wanted to use it, but I am not too bothered about doing much taping to be honest, so don't use more than half a dozen bags a month. Doing more boarding at the moment. Only got to visit a wall once, not 4 times. If the client wants it finished, I tell them to have it skimmed.